2 computers 1 Monitor install?

By kesler ยท 5 replies
Sep 21, 2007
  1. What do I need if I want to have 2 computers going to one monitor. I would like the ability to switch between the 2 when I need to. Thank you
  2. raybay

    raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +10

  3. Nodsu

    Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

    It's called a KVM switch :)
  4. tipstir

    tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,475   +126

    Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, BestBuy Circuit City, Wal-Mart, Target and Computer Fairs at local schools have what you need.

    KVM switch can be a box... or 2-way KVM splitter (shown below is cheaper than buying a 2-way KVM swith. You can got 4-way and 8-way to one computer monitor. There are also 16-way but you don't need that.

  5. kwspony

    kwspony TS Booster Posts: 121

    I have ran 2 PC's on my viewsonic LCD. The monitor has 1 analog and 1 DVI port. One PC was analog and the other had both so I used the DVI port on it. Ran both cables to the monitor and used the #2 button on the monitor to toggle between PC's.
  6. Maddrix

    Maddrix TS Rookie

    KVM switches.

    I have been using a KVM swithc for years am quite happy with it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...