1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

2nd Hidden recycle bin on Windows 10

By Russell Davison · 11 replies
Mar 2, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I am trying to reduce the data on my laptop and ran a great little program to show me why there is so much I can’t account for. It has shone a 2nd recycle bin with a load of data in but I can’t find it to empty it or ideally get rid of it. I can’t find any help on this either? Has anyone got any ideas?

2. MaikuTech

MaikuTech TS Evangelist Posts: 1,047   +183

Screenshot would help us figure out what the problem is ?

3. Russell Davison

Russell Davison TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. Russell Davison

Thanks I’ll try and do that now

5. Russell Davison

I have not uploaded a JPEG to this forum before and just tried and it failed for some reason. So I tried to take a photograph through the form and that failed to. Any ideas?

6. Russell Davison

7. Russell Davison

I worked it out, had to go on PC would not load from my phone, I hope its clear enough? the top rycle bin (fist on list) is an icon on decskop and is emplty, I have no idea where the 2nd recyle bin is located?

8. MaikuTech

9. Russell Davison

Hi, thanks so much for your help. My issue is a bit diffent and this did not work. My desktop icon linked RB1 (Recyle Bin) works fine, trash goes in and can be empited, I dot belive it is a link the RB2 the hidden RB with a load of data I cant find? Hope this makes sence?

10. MaikuTech

11. Russell Davison

Hi, I deleted the second RB from the 'Folder Size' program and it seems to have worked! Thanks again for your help, I really appreicate it :)

MaikuTech likes this.
  12. MaikuTech

No prob glad you figured it out.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...