84c CPU, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comp reached 84c when fully used and it shut down by itself...Any method to solve this problem. I am a newbie so I hope you all will help me...

Most importantly, do you have a CPU cooling unit such a fan that is attach directly on top of the CPU. Secondly did you apply any thermal paste between the CPU and fan?

tuant said:
Most importantly, do you have a CPU cooling unit such a fan that is attach directly on top of the CPU. Secondly did you apply any thermal paste between the CPU and fan?

Yes...I have...

Okay, has it always been like this, or it has only reached such temperatures recently?

Also, have you done anything to your computer hardware recently? Cleaned it out, moved it, installed new heatsink, etc? Anything at all....

Also, please tell us what CPU you have, this may be useful in suggesting a solution.

Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz (18 x 133)
MSI P4MAM-V (MS-6787 v2.0) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
VIA VT8751A Apollo P4M266A
224 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type:Award (07/15/04)

You got a pretty old computer there.

You might want to see if you can blow out the dust in the computer, particularly near/on the CPU heatsink.

Also check if the CPU fan is working.

Also, you didn't answer my other questions. Messing around the computer might have moved the heatsink, or unfastened it, or something. Maybe all you need is to remove it, replace the thermalpaste, and put it back.

What software/application are you using to obtain the temperature readings? Try using several others as the one you might be using is wrong. I use 'Core Temp' but others out there may know a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back