A GPU supporting D3d_FEATURE_LEVEL_12

The error relates to the program expecting the GPU to be Direct3D 12 compliant.

There are three D3D12 feature levels: 0, 1, and 2. The last one, for example, requires the GPU to support Shader Model 6.5, whereas the other two are Shader Model 5.1.

So, depending on what graphics card you have, the program could be crashing and reporting that error because it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Or it could well be related to drivers, since these report the feature level back to the program.

Edit: You can find out what Direct3D feature level your graphics card supports by downloading GPU-z from here:

When it's installed, click on the Advanced tab and select DirectX 12 in the drop-down menu at the top. It will indicate Feature Level and Shader Model.

Last edited:
The error relates to the program expecting the GPU to be Direct3D 12 compliant.

There are three D3D12 feature levels: 0, 1, and 2. The last one, for example, requires the GPU to support Shader Model 6.5, whereas the other two are Shader Model 5.1.

So, depending on what graphics card you have, the program could be crashing and reporting that error because it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Or it could well be related to drivers, since these report the feature level back to the program.

Edit: You can find out what Direct3D feature level your graphics card supports by downloading GPU-z from here:

When it's installed, click on the Advanced tab and select DirectX 12 in the drop-down menu at the top. It will indicate Feature Level and Shader Model.
Hello
thanks for your guide
Depending on the image below, is there a solution?

Attachments

• e44.png
    e44.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 5
Hello
thanks for your guide
Depending on the image below, is there a solution?
I don't recognize some of the symbols shown but it says the name of the graphics card is GeForce 'something' MX. Not sure what model your GPU is, but very few of all Nvidia's MX models are D3D12 compliant.

If you let me know what exact GeForce GPU you have in your computer, I can tell you straight away what level of Direct3D it supports.

Your GPU only supports Direct3D 11.0 features. Although this is still part of Direct3D 12, any game or program that requires Direct3D 12.0, 12.1, or 12.2 features won’t work.

Hi im having the same problem trying to play the last of us. I used gpu z and it says the feature level of my gpu is 12.1 but it is still not working. my gpu is the nvidia geforce rtx 3060ti

Back