Ad.doubleclick.net browser problem in Linux

tw0rld

Firefox hangs while trying to connect to ad.doubleclick.net. The problem occurs while browsing through the TS forums. Tried deleting cache. I am Using Kubuntu 8.04. The Problem only started today. To load page I have to restart Firefox. When I switched to konqueror I no longer had the problem. Am I the only one Experiencing this problem?

addoubleclicknet.png

I would love to know if anybody else is experiencing this kind of problem. I have loaded TS with a number of browsers (in Windows) without an issue so far, and the fact that switching to Konqueror fixes your problem would suggest that is a client side issue.

Have you tried reinstalling Firefox or even loading the site after a reboot?

I did reinstall Firefox. Restart the browser, and restart the system. I have also reinstalled the entire O.S as I was experiencing additional problems. The fact that Konqueror is not behaving in the same manner makes me think it is a problem with Firefox.

Julio, Did you edit my Title? I am not experiencing any freeze at all. The browser just hangs while attempting to load the contents of the page.

I did, will change it.

The browser hangs and then loads the site or it never does and you are forced to close the application?

It never loads. I have to restart Firefox. This isn't a major issue though. I will just use another browser. I am currently using Firefox in win Xp and I have no problems.

Back