1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Adata shows off 'diamond-cut' RGB-covered DDR4 RAM kit

By Polycount · 15 replies
Apr 18, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. How is the company accomplishing that? By developing RAM modules with a surface area composed almost entirely of RGB lights. Adata says the XPG Spectrix D60G sports "more RGB lighting per mm²" than any other memory module on the market - to be specific, the number sits at 9,497mm².

That's certainly not a common metric we see from other RAM makers, so to put things into simpler terms, that means roughly 60 percent of each RAM module's surface area will be composed of gem-shaped, "diamond-cut" RGB lights. Naturally, the lighting's color and pattern will be completely customizable via Adata's "XPG RGB Sync" app.

None of these flashy visuals come at the expense of performance. Three different D60G models will ship initially, and they will be clocked at 3000, 3200, and 3600 MHz respectively. Each kit will house two 8GB RAM sticks, amounting to 16GB in total - Adata hasn't announced any higher-capacity versions as of writing, but a 4133MHz model is reportedly on the way.

Nobody knows how much Adata's upcoming RAM kits will cost, nor do we know when they will ship. However, we'll update this article if Adata releases any additional information in the coming weeks.

Permalink to story.

2. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 2,707   +2,504

No amount of lipstick will beautify the pig that is Adata. Worst memory products on the market.

mbrowne5061, Uncle Al, EClyde and 3 others like this.
  3. QuantumPhysics

QuantumPhysics TS Evangelist Posts: 1,234   +894

RGB erythang....

4. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,960   +1,229

Spend the money on a REAL computer, not this garbage. I guess the "colorful & stylish" to justify a higher price is now the norm with computers, like it is with overpriced smartphones?

5. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 4,463   +3,024

If you are an avid car ricer, you've gotta have one of these!

6. EClyde

EClyde TS Evangelist Posts: 1,831   +675

Bought two adata products pure garbage

Uncle Al likes this.
  7. Palladium1987

Palladium1987 TS Member Posts: 29   +21

Forget RGBs, even those little power-up LEDs found on everything now are already too distracting through the case window at night. On some cases the HDD activity LED are bright enough to be a laser show.

SalaSSin likes this.
  8. amghwk

amghwk TS Guru Posts: 520   +314

People are becoming more stupid, buying these so-called RGB on everything... heck.. even headphones come with RGB lighting... a feature even the user can't appreciate while using... who's going to look into the casing to look at the colorful DRAMs while playing? Are they going to look at the screen or the CPU case? Are they going to look at the colored keyboards all the time while getting fragged?
    Why are humans so dumb?

9. Palladium1987

Palladium1987 TS Member Posts: 29   +21

RGB is everywhere now because it is a marketing dept's wet dream come true: An excuse to charge a markup at next to zero cost.

10. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 1,936   +1,485

It's all about the looks. Take the most basic green RAM module put RGB lights around it and people will swear it's higher quality and you get to sell it at a higher price.

QuantumPhysics likes this.
  11. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,377   +3,770

Looks like the last desperate effort to turn lemons into lemonade instead of urine!

EClyde likes this.
  12. tkabou

tkabou TS Enthusiast Posts: 35   +43

RGB will become the "80s Neons" in a couple of years...

DaveBG and EClyde like this.
  13. Lew Zealand

Lew Zealand TS Guru Posts: 659   +551

I don't get all the RGB hate. I love it. More money moving through the economy than would be if there was no RGB, which increases profit margin in order to keep plebe parts at cheaper prices.

I encourage everyone to pay as much as possible for everything to keep prices low for cheapasses like me.

14. Transparent

Transparent TS Rookie

My work has 18 DELL workstation's all of them with an Adata SSD (that's what DELL supplies with 5k computers)... On average we have 2-3 Adata SSD's fail every year. Total crap, would never recommend an Adata SSD/memory doesn't matter how much RGB bling they slap on.

15. toooooot

toooooot TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +398

I have installed many cheap WD SSDs. They are comparable in price to adata. Now I live in fear those will start failing and people will hold me responsible for those 0.0

16. Transparent

Transparent TS Rookie

Well all I can say is good luck with those.. hopefully it's just crappy Adata that fail! I have only used Crucial and Samsung for my personal computers over the years and have never had any issues.. will be keeping with them :)

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...