Advice pls: AMD, Athlon 64 X2 5600+ or Intel® Core™2 Duo E6550

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys...i'm new in this forum.. glad to be here... i want to buy my self a new box and i have a dilema in chosing the CPU... should i go AMD or Intel...
and i found 2 CPU one from AMD and one from Intel at the same price... but i was wondering which one has the highest perfomance?? and maybe you could help me out to make up my mind... the 2 CPUs are:
AMD, Athlon 64 X2 5600+ F 2.8GHz, L2 Cache Size (KB) 1024, System Bus 2000 MHz
and
Intel® Core™2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz 4MB

hope you can help me out here guys...
thanks in advanced!

i know that... but it's all technical stuff that i don't understand... cause both cpu are at the same price i think they are both good... but from your own experience which one do you recommend??

If you have a look at my system specs you will see i have no experience with either processor.

You want to compare them "across the board", there's a heap of different benchmarks they've thrown at them there - maybe look at what you do the most - game, burn etc etc and see what's best suit you.

Generally the core2's outperform the AMD's, but AMD are releasing a new line up shortly, so expect the price of the current processors to drop whilst they quit stock.

I've always preferred AMD's, but you can't argue with benchmarks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back