AGP confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseywales09

Well I was off of school today(teacher workshop). Dad was at work. i finally opened up my computer. AGP is confirmed! I should have listened to all you guys anyways but i wanted to be sure. Also, is my old GeForce4MX in one of the white PCI slots? It came with the computer. Thanks.

Not knowing what mobo you have, it would be hard to say what colour your AGP slot is. But your GeForce card is the one with the monitor attached to it, or the only card that can have a monitor cable attached to it. Are you replacing it? With what? You prob only have an AGPX4 slot in that mobo so anything over a GeForce 5200 (or ATI equiv) would be a waste of money, but that's just my suggestion.

Well I have an AU31 mobo and my AGP slot is brown and is 8x. So Im getting a Geforce 6600GT 256MB. And it's not going to be a waste of money.

Nope an GeF6600GT 256MB in a proper AGPX8 slot would not be a waste of money, good choice. Have fun.

If things don't work out after you install, the first thing you're going to want to check is your PSU. You'll be wanting about a 350W power supply at least depending on the quality of the psu and how many other things you have connected to it.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back