AGP Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what is the most powerful AGP video card made that would be compatable with Windows 98 ?
Appreciating your help.

It is not Windows 98 that is the problem. It is the motherboard and what the motherboard will allow... Not many motherboards designed for Windows 98 are designed to use AGP. There are several different versions of AGP, and you have to use a video graphics card that is designed for the board you have.

For the good ones, the cost is high... above $75... but there are a few in the $30 range... The trouble is, there is no market for them, so hardly any retailer stocks them.

First you tell us your motherboard.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I bought a new monitor ( HP L2245wg 22") and before I can install the software called "Pivot Pro", HP recommends that I get a better video card. I built this computer some time ago and I am using an Asus P4P800 E Deluxe motherboard. This computer is used for a business application that limits me to Windows 98.
Once again, appreciating your help.

P.S. The cost of the card, in this case, is not significant. Hopefully I can find the most powerful video card made that will be compatable with the way the computer is set up.

You are going to be limited by the availability of Windows 98 compatible drivers. The best AMD/ATI card I found that supported Windows 98 is the Radeon 9800 and the best Nvidia card is the Geforce 6800. You will have to search around to find one though.

Even though more powerful AGP cards are available there are no Windows 98 drivers for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back