AirTV Player and Adapter Review

Was waiting for a streaming box to add OTA to the selection. I added the tv tuner to my xbone, it spends 70% of it's time watching movies off my network drive and OTA tv, so much for gaming :D

I'm having an issue with my OTA channels.. Ever since I did a Sling update on the AirTV player... The OTA channels are not in the correct order.. It starts with channel 30 then goes to 3.. then 36.1...etc...They are ALL mixed up and it's VERY annoying.... I have called them several times about it but they are still mixed up....They were all in the correct order before the update

Product does not work as advertised. They admit it does not work with Roku and Sling. They said they are working out the bugs. They will not allow you to wait for them to fix the bugs, they make you return it as if you keep it over 30 days while they try to make it work, you are stuck with it. If they could get it to work, I would keep it. They are forcing me to return it and get another competitor's product since they don't have their product working as advertised. Seems like poor customer service. You would think they would be lenient in the return policy when they know the product does not work as advertised and people are trying to stick with their product.

Hey bbell121 :)
I didn't think airtv worked with Roku and sling either at first, But I just spoke to a really helpful airTV rep and he got me up and running perfectly. (Woot)

Heres how.. maybe it'll work for you also

My problem was that I has AirTV app and the Sling app BOTH installed on my Roku.
I also had both the AirTV app and the Sling app installed on my android phone as well.

just kinda made sense to have both.

But, Turns out they were conflicting as I couldn't get any over the air channels to show up in the guide no matter what I did.

FIX:
all I did was uninstall the AirTV app from any Roku I had...
then uninstalled the AirTV app from my Android phone...
Then
Reset the AirTv box (press pinhole in back for a few seconds)
wait till last light on box blinks (means its ready)
Then
Open your SlingTV app on your phonego to menu/settings/Over the air channel
and set it up from there :)

then SlingTv will scan for your AirTv box then scan for locals then integrate all your local channels into the sling app guide.........

I hope this works for you :) if not maybe it'll help someone else who is as frustrated as I was lol
>..< Good Luck >..<

~*~ Smiles Are Catchy ~*~
~*~So Spread A Few~*~
~*~ Peace, Be Kind ~*~

*To Reset the AirTv box properly (not as I wrote above)
Press the pinhole on back and hold it,

1st light will Blink.....
then
2nd Network light will Blink Once (keep holding) then it will Flash Twice

You can now stop pressing.

Releasing the reset button (pinhole)any sooner didn't reset the box properly :)
This worked like a charm. :-D

Back