Almost unusable Windows XP Professional, a lot of problems and errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mist_hero

Windows XP Service Pack 3 RC
Under Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
2GB of RAM

1st : Before any of this happened, i was playing a few mmos and whatnot (Not WoW). After some restart, computer suddenly just hangs and crashes upon start-up (or just loads rather slow.)
I got chances and instances where i got my Process Explorer opened, saw that WinLogon.exe, svchost.exe, lsass.exe are all trying so hard to process lag the processor. for svchost.exe i noticed before this, it was starting iexplorer.exe, multiple instances of it... but i never see it on any of my active windows.

Currently i'm on UBCD4Win CD (booted from it... booting unto the WinXP installed on my C:\ is rather... hard) and trying to figure what the hell is wrong.

I can't enter safemode either.

I experienced this before, but only with Explorer.exe / taskmgr.exe lagging each other to hell -_- (it was fixed when i killed the threads of the ones lagging, removed this RavMonE.exe whatever it was, and restarted the process) it seems it has taken over that really vital program / services :/

I might point out that, the source of this is from autorun(s) of external harddrives...

2nd : anyways, i reinstalled Windows XP Service Pack 2 from my disc... and i got this dump message about my Video Driver not loading.... as on the dump.

Still and currently i cannot jump directly to my WinXP installation, still using UBCD4Win to... >_> yeah... get on the internet, minor things....

My uncle already said that they're going to reformat it... but i dislike reformats without knowing what was the problem's cause.

Anyways i await any one who has experienced this.

BugCheck B4, {8a23ddf8, 8a24d000, 8a277000, 50000}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!DrvDriverFailure+1af )

BugCheck B4 refers to Video driver fault
Please update your Video drivers

will do... updating with Omega Nvidia Pack Drivers

EDIT

Unfortunately, i have no idea installing Video Drivers using UBCD4Win >_> directly into my C:\Windows installation... anyone help?

Also i might just reformat (back up games and files into a harddrive using UBCD4Win, then delete the entire partition) and reinstall windows (I'll grab my uncles' install disc)... *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back