AMD bundles Far Cry 6 with the purchase of select Ryzen processors

Polycount

Staff
In context: PC hardware bundles are a great way to gain some extra value when you shop around for a new processor or video card. These deals, which often throw in one or more games with the purchase of a new system component, are plentiful and always worth keeping an eye out for.

Today, AMD has quietly revealed its latest bundle of this nature. Starting on October 20, when you purchase an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, a Ryzen 9 5900X, or a Ryzen 7 5800X, you'll get a free copy of Ubisoft's upcoming open-world epic, Far Cry 6.

It will be a digital PC copy of the game, and it will likely unlock on Uplay. The bundle also includes "in-game items" for Far Cry 6, which probably consist of a few exclusive skins or weapons.

As part of a separate "Equipped to Win" promotion, you can earn the same copy of Far Cry 6 (starting on the same date) by purchasing a Ryzen 9 3950X, Ryzen 9 3900XT, or a Ryzen 7 3800XT.

If you haven't heard of Far Cry 6 yet, take a look at the game's first cinematic trailer above. From what we've heard so far, it'll be a fairly standard Far Cry affair: it's an open-world first-person shooter set in a tropical environment, in which the player will face off against a charismatic main villain.

This time around, the big bad is played by none other than Giancarlo Esposito, a man famous for his fantastic performance as Gustavo Fring in Breaking Bad.

For more details about these promotions, including participating system integrators, check out the official "AMD Rewards" page here and take a look at the latest two Q4 2020 promotions.

Permalink to story.

Hopefully, I will finally be able to upgrade to the Zen 3 based Ryzen 9 CPU from my current i7. Though I'm not a real fan of this game, it's a welcome addition, nonetheless.

I just hate the drug-hallucination based missions in these series, while I loved the liberation part of the games. Don't know why the creators of Farcry, especially from 3 onwards are so obsessed with these "high" part.

*corrected to 'Zen 3' from Ryzen 3.

Last edited:
Hopefully, I will finally be able to upgrade to the Zen 3 based Ryzen 9 CPU from my current i7. Though I'm not a real fan of this game, it's a welcome addition, nonetheless.

I just hate the drug-hallucination based missions in these series, while I loved the liberation part of the games. Don't know why the creators of Farcry, especially from 3 onwards are so obsessed with these "high" part.

*corrected to 'Zen 3' from Ryzen 3.

You and me both....I am still rocking an i7 4770K with a GTX 970

Not as good as it would with a Ryzen 5xxx, probably (to be verified). Unless you plan on changing CPU camps, and enjoying a free copy? :p

It will be just fine with my 5.3ghz all core oc'd 10900k.

Even if the 5000 series can "match" the 10900k that's just at stock and pc potential with ryzen is definitely going to be less than what the Intel has.

My 30 series and 10900k setup is still going to be top dog I suspect through the rest of this year.

I heard similar things about how getting 10 series over ryzen 3000 was dumb as the pci 4.0 benefits on the new Nvidia cards would make the ryzen chips perform better than my "held back" 10900k with only pci 3, lol

I really don't care either way as my plan since may was to use the 10900 for best gaming of most of 2020 and replace with a rocket lake (and unlock the pci 4 my board already has with the upgrade).

The rocket lake chip will be evm faster and I'm sure easily take back any lost performance. So outside of a very small chance that a 5000 series chip can out run my 5.3ghz all core 10900k I'll easily be able to take it right back 3 or 4 months later.

I'm glad ryzen is catching up (hopefully the same for the Radeon parts) but they have to do more than "come close or match" to interest me. Between their reliability issues and poor drivers in addition to lack of tech like DLSS or (or potentially limited ray tracing in comparison to rtx) the Nvidia and Intel chips still are more "valuable" to me.

It will be just fine with my 5.3ghz all core oc'd 10900k.

Even if the 5000 series can "match" the 10900k that's just at stock and pc potential with ryzen is definitely going to be less than what the Intel has.
I'm glad ryzen is catching up (hopefully the same for the Radeon parts) but they have to do more than "come close or match" to interest me. Between their reliability issues and poor drivers in addition to lack of tech like DLSS or (or potentially limited ray tracing in comparison to rtx) the Nvidia and Intel chips still are more "valuable" to me.

I agree that the PCIe 4.0 marketing was just hype (it may be relevant a couple years down the line though, when games start utilizing DirectStorage), but have you seen early benchmarks of the 5000 chips? The 5800X, which is not even their flagship CPU and is much cheaper, outperforms the 10900k in single core performance by 15%. That's huge! Remember single core was the last bastion where Intel still came out on top vs Ryzen 3000. Intel usually take 2 or even 3 generations to get gains like that. Considering Rocket Lake will still be using the 14nm lithography (how many +'s is that now? 5?), it's not likely that Intel will manage to make up the difference with it.

They will be close, but I suspect Ryzen will come out on top this year. And if the trend continues, Intel may not be viable through 2021/22. They're going to have to pull one huge rabbit out of their hat to stay competitive. And their BS marketing of "10% faster in Google Chrome!" and "Let's not use benchmarks as a reference" isn't doing them any favors.

I agree that the PCIe 4.0 marketing was just hype (it may be relevant a couple years down the line though, when games start utilizing DirectStorage), but have you seen early benchmarks of the 5000 chips? The 5800X, which is not even their flagship CPU and is much cheaper, outperforms the 10900k in single core performance by 15%. That's huge! Remember single core was the last bastion where Intel still came out on top vs Ryzen 3000. Intel usually take 2 or even 3 generations to get gains like that. Considering Rocket Lake will still be using the 14nm lithography (how many +'s is that now? 5?), it's not likely that Intel will manage to make up the difference with it.

They will be close, but I suspect Ryzen will come out on top this year. And if the trend continues, Intel may not be viable through 2021/22. They're going to have to pull one huge rabbit out of their hat to stay competitive. And their BS marketing of "10% faster in Google Chrome!" and "Let's not use benchmarks as a reference" isn't doing them any favors.
I hope amd does it I really do but I'm not holding my breath nor am I rushing to sell off my 10900k that does 5.3 all core @1.32v and only 63c on air. If my buddy who is building a 5900x system can beat me I'll be looking at them for my next upgrade but I'm still not going to rush out and swap. The only way they get me to switch sides is to show real true 10-30% fps gains (even at 1080p I'm fine with that) but single core benchmarks nor any other measure out side of actual cold hard fps is going to change my mind.

If they just sorta match Intel overall (with some wins and some loses) it just won't be enough.

Intel currently sweeps in Gaming (like I said 10-30% fps increase) and anything short of that is just catching up not beating.

When you way the oc potential (which I always do) Intel is likley to hold on to a pretty good lead anyways as ryzen rarely has ANY headroom. (less likley here than ever).

I'm pumped they catching up it means nothing but good things for all but let's not get out ahead of ourselves with the hype. I've watched the amd train derail plenty of times with or without intels / nvidia help.

Back