AMD Graphics

Glennie

Hi can anyone suggest how or where to buy a PCI graphics card that has HDMI output for my AMD PC to connect to a TV monitor?

Hi Maiku and thanks for your prompt and informative reply to my post last Thursday. Funny how if we keep trying to find answers regarding computer issues and in fact, most problems in life, we always manage to end up finding a solution (in my humble opinion, that is). I was looking into how to connect my very old AMD Phenom II Quad-Core PC's on board graphics card, to a television, so as to watch shows and movies on a huge screen. But I kinda thought it was impossible because as I said, I don't have a PCI or PCI-E video card installed (not even AGP...haha) and the only graphics outputs on my machine are VGA and DVI - no HDMI, no yellow S-TV out gadgets either. The TV is a huge Phillips flat screen job with only HDMI and RCA inputs, so that's why I posted my question. But today, after stuffing around for hours I found that by using a HDMI-DVI plug adapter connected to the TV, I was able to plug a DVI cable from my PC to the Telly, and actually got it to work quite well. Now all I have to do is find a strong man to carry the TV into my bedroom and mount it on to the wall in front of my bed !!
I'll keep trying with that problem.
Cheers. Glennie. Wednesday morning 2.10am - Perth time. 30th August 2017.
By the way, do you know anything about increasing wireless speed on a Edimax/Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless LAN Card that only has a small stick type antenna? Maybe I need to buy a booster of some kind, or find one of those longer antennas with the 2 foot skinny wire thingies attached too it? I won't give up. Bye for now.

Hi Maiku and thanks for your reply concerning my PCI Wireless Card.
The model I purchased, back in around 2010 is an Edimax-EW-7128g-pci-wireless-card which used to have an extended longish cable fixed to a stand (see pic).
But this wire snapped away from its housing, so I just screwed on a normal stick antenna to the back of the card (see pic).
Also, strangely enough, over time, and a couple of upgrades to my operating system, the original Edimax Driver which I installed from the CD in the box, now shows the device as a Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless LAN Card in Device Manager, not Edimax.
I have included in this post a System Summary using the in-built Windows tool, plus two other system scans, one using CPUID, and the other with Belarc Advisor.
My ISP is iinet and I've just upgraded my ADSL to NBN, which is as you would know, much faster with downloads and browsing, etc. The provided the modem and I also use my landline phone plugged into it. But even with the fast NBN, I still get blockages and cut-offs at times, and also speeds drop considerably now and then. So I thought this problem was caused by my wireless card not functioning properly, or maybe I need to change the options in properties, device manager. I've updated all my drivers and had a go at moving my PC closer to the modem, but this did not help very much.
Anyway, I hope I haven't gone overboard by including so many attachments and pics, but you did ask me to provide detailed info about my system.
Hey, please don't go to a lot of trouble with this Maiku. I appreciate you even bothering to reply, since my original post was under the Graphics Card section and I really don't want to waste your time helping someone you don't know. OK then. I'll leave it up to you, but there's definitely no hurry, OK? Cheers. Glennie

Attachments

• edimax-ew-7128g-pci-wireless-card.jpg
    edimax-ew-7128g-pci-wireless-card.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 0
  • GLENDYS CPUID SCANNED INFO DESKTOP-PB7T5CL.txt
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
  • MY MOBO PIC.MS-7501.K9A2VM.jpg
    MY MOBO PIC.MS-7501.K9A2VM.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ralink turbo wireless card pic.jpg
    ralink turbo wireless card pic.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
  • SYSTEM SUMMARY AMD PHENOM 11 X4 945 QUAD-CORE 2.99GHZ.txt
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
  • wireless card antenna stick.JPG
    wireless card antenna stick.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 0
  • BELARC ADVISOR PC SCAN - GLENDY.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
Look on eBay, Last year I picked up 2 PCI (yes PCI) video cards with HDMI output. I picked up an old AMD card for about $4, and an nvidia card for about $30.

Back