AMD is giving away Far Cry 6 and Resident Evil Village with the Radeon RX 6900 XT

midian182

Staff member
In brief: We can all appreciate getting some free games with our hardware purchases. AMD knows this, hence why it recently announced a Far Cry 6/Resident Evil Village bundle for prebuilt PC systems that include both its latest CPUs and graphics cards. Now, it is expanding the giveaway to cover its standalone graphics cards. Sadly, this only includes its most expensive offering.

The Raise the Game bundle had been limited to systems that include an AMD CPU ranging from the Ryzen 5 3600 to the Ryzen 9 5950 X combined with a Radeon RX 6000 card. Now, anyone buying a standalone Radeon RX 6900 XT will get Resident Evil Village and Far Cry 6 free—when the game is released, in the case of the latter.

Tom's Hardware notes that the offer covers both third-party and reference designs of AMD's flagship card, with either air or liquid cooling. But one thing that appears different from the prebuilt bundle is that the three-month trial of Xbox Game Pass is no longer included, which is a shame.

While an extra incentive to buy something is always welcome, it's not as if Radeon RX 6900 XT cards are easy to come by right now. RDNA 2's availability issues have been worse than what Nvidia's Ampere line has experienced, a fact reflected in the latest Steam survey. And then there's the price. The card has an MSRP of $999, but you can expect to pay almost double that—assuming you can find somewhere selling one. How much does $100 worth of free games soften the blow?

The offer runs until December 31, 2021, and buyers have until January 29, 2022, to redeem their game codes. It's available to residents in North America and Western Europe.

Ubisoft says Far Cry 6 is optimized for Ryzen CPUs and Radeon GPUs. The game also supports AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution, which is said to offer a 40% to 45% increase in frames per second when enabled.

Ubisoft's PR machine has been in full throttle during the runup to Far Cry 6's release on October 7—check out the PC system requirements here. It recently partnered with Corsair to bring RGB lighting integration to the game through the firm's iCUE system. The hardware maker is also giving away copies of the FPS with eligible iCUE products and has launched a sweepstake with a customized PC inspired by the in-game Furioso Jetpack as a prize (above).

Additionally, Microsoft Rewards members have the chance to win a Far Cry 6-themed Xbox Series X that comes with a 77-inch TV to play it on.

Permalink to story.

They’ve been available for some time in the U.K. now. Recently they have had a price cut from £1500 to about £1300. Clearly people don’t want them and I don’t blame them. You can get a 3080Ti for about £1300 here and that is a far far superior card. A couple of free games isn’t going to make up the difference.

People don’t like Radeon . They feel like cheap knock off GeForce cards.

They’ve been available for some time in the U.K. now. Recently they have had a price cut from £1500 to about £1300. Clearly people don’t want them and I don’t blame them. You can get a 3080Ti for about £1300 here and that is a far far superior card. A couple of free games isn’t going to make up the difference.

Bullsh... I have one and it's a massive performer. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I would certainly not call the GeForce card as far far superior. That as a statement is simply incorrect.

The GeForce has a stronger (in general and depending on the games that you play) performance in higher resolutions, better RT implementation, and it may be better for content creation.

The AMD chip, has better rasterization, and performance in lower resolutions is generally better, again depending on the games that you play.

The statement about Radeon cards being cheap knock offs is just not true. Both companies have good boards and good quality AIBs.

Pricing nowadays, is just disgusting, but here we are.

Great news for Miners who are the sole customers of these GPU's, they get to play free games now too or sell the codes thereof in the Flea Markets of the internet.

They’ve been available for some time in the U.K. now. Recently they have had a price cut from £1500 to about £1300.
Still cheaper than the $2600 asking price around here, but hey at least you have two options available, the 6900XT for that price, or the next cheapest/most expensive offering the GT1030 for $130. The only two model of cards my local computer store has on offer at the moment...

Well there's videos out there showing Nidvia 3080/3090 FE are made with crappy thermal sticks . Replacing it gets you around a sometimes up to 30/40 degrees cooler - most likely 10 to 20 degrees .
Apparently using same rubbish for quite awhile .
Does make you wonder about a simple important detail .
So if you have FE hitting 90/ 100 degrees easily - do a google search .
6900XT is a monster except for ray tracing .

It's like people going on about beer - Old Milwaukee - is the best US beer , no Busch Light is the best . I'll never drink that cat p - yet there they are at the party drinking whatever free beer they can get .
and yes I know these are not the best US beers

I would certainly not call the GeForce card as far far superior. That as a statement is simply incorrect.

The GeForce has a stronger (in general and depending on the games that you play) performance in higher resolutions, better RT implementation, and it may be better for content creation.

The AMD chip, has better rasterization, and performance in lower resolutions is generally better, again depending on the games that you play.

The statement about Radeon cards being cheap knock offs is just not true. Both companies have good boards and good quality AIBs.

Pricing nowadays, is just disgusting, but here we are.
You are severely deluded if you think a 6900XT is in any way shape or form equal to a 3080ti.

You are severely deluded if you think a 6900XT is in any way shape or form equal to a 3080ti.
Like he said, Radeon has stronger rasterization performance and Infinity cache helps on lower resolutions. Radeon also has lower power consumption.

Nvidia's advantages are useless for 99.9% of people, like DLSS, G-Sync and RT.

Basically Radeon has undeniable advantages whereas GeForce only have "advantages" that fanboys tend to promote. That's how it is, like it or not.

N
Come on, guy, just stop it. Reviews show that you are wrong. Now if you just want to troll, go ahead.

Actually, he is right. I saw a video of a 1650 displaying over 200fps at 8k!

thats the power of RT and DLSS! :)

Back