AMD or Intel?..... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbb1

I know this type of post has been done many many many times, but from what i can see not very recently. Being that i am thinking of buying a new computer i would like to know which CPU I should get. Basically what i know from reading computer magazines is that AMD appeard to outperform Intel in most situations but intel is better at multitasking and overclocking. The computer is going to be a real gaming machine so I would like to know what i should choose for the best performance... thx

still, iintel is also pretty good, yeah compared to amd its outmatched, but intel can still give you a enjoyable gaming experience, remember video cards are expensive, so if you want to get a good one, let say a 7800, its pretty costy, but its worthy, if u have enought money for that and an amd then by all means go ahead, but keep in mind if u want a pricey card and are short on money, Intel is still pretty good for gaming, but amd is better, your choice.

I've found hassles with Intel with their hyperthreading option and have disabled it on numerous PC's to increase performance, For software like adobe premier where the program looks for multiple CPU's intel might out perform but AMD's hypertransport makes more sense for a gaming PC.

Well that's just what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back