AMD to release 8 core CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not 80 cores strictly. It's 2 CPUs with 4 cores each on a dual socket 1207 motherboard.

Besides, Intel is going for 80 cores, and they will probably have 8 at the end of the year too. And we all know that Core 2 architecture owns AMD64 really bad.

And while AMD has just moved to the 0.065µm process, Intel is going to be moving to 0.045µm soon, which should allow for 8, maybe even 16 cores on a CPU. Things really aren't looking good for AMD, except in the graphics market ;)

I find it funny that people get hard ons because intel made 80 cores, I'm sure i stated it in another thread that another company made even more than 80 cores several years ago, so its no big deal, and you can't expect to get 80 cores on any desktop computer anytime soon, try another 10-20 years maybe.

I was only excited because AMD is behind in advances than the bigger company Intel and has a far smaller budget, so you can't help but give them credit.

I would like to see how intel will make an 8 core cpu tho, i mean they don't believe in true quad core, so what will they have 4 x dual core processors???. I give credit to Intel for their C2D, but they wouldn't of had them until the year 2020 if AMD weren't around, they copied a lot of stuff from AMD and improved upon it, so you don't think AMD can't improve upon their own work??? "Barcelona", yes Intel will have a rival Penryn, but it is clocked at 3Ghz, Barcelona 2.13Ghz if I'm correct, and are to have very similar performance, so all-in-all Barcelona is still the faster one. But if Intel still maintains there great overclocking potentials, that may damage Barcelona, unless AMD have really done some impressive stuff to it.

Just a link i found on xbitlabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back