AMD will announce new CPUs and GPUs on livestream taking place alongside CES, here's what...

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? AMD has announced it will be hosting its 2022 product livestream event on January 4, the same day as Intel and Nvidia hold their respective CES 2022 events. Hosted by CEO Dr. Lisa Su and streamed on the company’s website, we’ll get a taste of team red’s latest Radeon graphics solutions and Ryzen CPUs.

AMD’s Product Premier livestream starts at 10 am EST (7 am PT) on Tuesday, January 4. That puts it one hour before GPU rival Nvidia’s CES keynote address begins (8 am PT) and three hours before Intel’s CES press conference (10 am PT). AMD’s event isn’t actually part of CES; it just takes place alongside it.

As for what to expect during the livestream, much of it is likely to focus on AMD’s new Rembrandt CPU/APU line set to appear in the next generation of thin and powerful laptops.

Both the Ryzen 6000H and Ryzen 6000U chips will likely be unveiled, with the former said to be based on the 6nm process node and feature Zen3+ technology, RDNA 2 graphics, a TDP of 35-45W, and a maximum of 8 cores/16 threads. The RDNA 2 integration should be especially interesting.

We could also hear more about Zen 3D V-Cache Vermeer-X CPUs.

AMD has confirmed that the Ryzen processor refresh is coming in early 2022 and will offer a 15 percent performance uplift over current Ryzen 5000 series CPUs.

AMD is also promising to highlight new Radeon GPUs during its event. The Radeon RX 6500 XT and Radeon RX 6400 could be shown off, along with a possible refresh of some other Radeon RX 6000 products. Whether they’re actually in stock and don’t cost a small fortune upon release is an entirely different matter.

Permalink to story.

Am still hoping for budget APU based on GloFo 12nm, I.e. the rumored Zen2 + RDNA2 based models. Those should be perfect for OEM based home/office PC.

I guess that's one way to get a leg up on your rivals whose deep pockets will always insure they get priority. However, this kind of thing always seems like a major gamble to me. If Intel or Nvidia upstages AMD they'll end up seeming like an opening act for the real stars.

Corporate trolling how they market to gamers, but are focused on catering to an entirely different demographic because that's where the profit is.

We could also hear more about Zen 3D V-Cache Vermeer-X CPUs.
Not only "could", at this point it's almost mandatory to do that, since it's long past overdue for at least the official launch date announcement or something like that from them about Zen3D.

They should have launched Zen3D now in December and not let intel breathe at all with Alder Lake.

Good timing, not. AMD can show what they get from their vaunted 3D V-Cache mumbo-jumbo "y'all never seen this before" technology, while Intel announces a 1% increase which they'll market at %12-30% "FOR THE real world" using "people friendly applications". Then after AMD upgrades Cinebench R.99 and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey they'll win the first week and /trolling/ will happen. /s

Good timing, not. AMD can show what they get from their vaunted 3D V-Cache mumbo-jumbo "y'all never seen this before" technology, while Intel announces a 1% increase which they'll market at %12-30% "FOR THE real world" using "people friendly applications". Then after AMD upgrades Cinebench R.99 and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey they'll win the first week and /trolling/ will happen. /s
You can remove the /s. This is what will happen : (

Am still hoping for budget APU based on GloFo 12nm, I.e. the rumored Zen2 + RDNA2 based models. Those should be perfect for OEM based home/office PC.

Only interesting comment so far - with Apples M1 - Intel and AMD - will need to improve their CPU/GPU chips - smaller node, more efficient and more powerful . With AMD working with Samsung etc . That must help.

Still think they need 2 years to output a nice little beasty APU - that will do Office, Media duties, laptop and simple PC gaming to a high level .
If just has to run AA games at 1080p at ok settings .
I still think we will see big growth in these markets , hand helds , powerful tablets - that are not just Apple- I mean the Switch does fairly well on an old chip.

Plus I sure there will be pressure coming from the likes of Raspberry Pi as they offer more flavours .
In 5 years a $50-$80 chip that's great - does most things ok - then a CPU+GPU for $2000.00 that does amazing things

Back