AMD's Ryzen 7 3700X is now just $260 and comes with Assassin's Creed Valhalla

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: Zen 3 is arriving this year, but there has never been a better time to buy one of the current, high-end Zen 2-based Ryzen 3000 chips. The best offer right now is for the Ryzen 7 3700X, which is available for just $259.99 and comes with a free copy of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (when released).

We praised the Ryzen 7 3700X in our review, giving it a score of 90 and placing it on our “Best CPUs of 2020” list. The chip boasts eight cores and sixteen threads, has a base clock of 3.6GHz, a max turbo clock of 4.4 GHz, and 32MB of cache. It’s excellent for productivity tasks, scoring high on many of our benchmarks, while also being a great gaming chip. After launching at $330, the processor is now available for just $259.99.

If this deal isn’t tempting enough, it’s also part of AMD’s ‘Equipped to Win’ promotion in which Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is given away with certain Ryzen CPUs. This is a “limited offer,” so you better move fast if you want to test the CPU with the next AC game, which saw an extended reveal at the recent Ubisoft event.

Thanks to the release of the Ryzen 3000XT chips, the current crop of AMD processors have seen a price drop. We were far from impressed by the new CPUs’ minor performance improvements, and deals like this one make the $399 Ryzen 3800XT an even less appealing buy.

The question many upgraders will ask is whether to take this deal or wait for Zen 3. AMD boss Dr. Lisa Su said the new architecture is on track to launch this year and “looking great.” With the promise of massive IPC gains and other features, the next-gen chips already sound like a tempting buy.

Permalink to story.

In the U.K. it costs £20 short of the 10700K. As a gamer I’d pick the 10700K. Well actually I’d choose neither but if my current CPU broke then I would go and buy the 10700K.

I'm in this boat. My 6yo MoBo died on July 2nd. I had been planning an upgrade for months, and the 3700X was what I was expecting to buy.

But now, I'm wondering: 1) how much will the price of the 3700X fall once the Zen3 line comes out, and 2) Just how much faster will they be?

So now I'm debating just going with a full 3700X setup, vs just getting a cheap $99 3200g (and MoBo with 570 chipset) and replacing it later (essentially wasting $100.)

I'm in this boat. My 6yo MoBo died on July 2nd. I had been planning an upgrade for months, and the 3700X was what I was expecting to buy.

But now, I'm wondering: 1) how much will the price of the 3700X fall once the Zen3 line comes out, and 2) Just how much faster will they be?

So now I'm debating just going with a full 3700X setup, vs just getting a cheap $99 3200g (and MoBo with 570 chipset) and replacing it later (essentially wasting $100.)
I suspect they will try to time it so the 3700x/3900x (etc) stock runs dry right as the Zen 3 releases. It might get cheaper, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you are going to potentially lose $100, I recommend losing it on that 3700X (resale value) instead. No penalty box, 4 core CPU. Treat yourself now. ;)

I think I have 3 spare motherboards that would fix the Intel. (free) Near ~Seattle? (but I still say grab that 3700x and have it now. I mean... $260? That's a steal.)

In the U.K. it costs £20 short of the 10700K. As a gamer I’d pick the 10700K. Well actually I’d choose neither but if my current CPU broke then I would go and buy the 10700K.
Also how much do the motherboards cost? I paid £70 for my motherboard 3 years ago and it supports the 3950x according the manufacturer, to can see 3900 being £350 by Christmas. Although I want a VR headset to play Alyx.

Also how much do the motherboards cost? I paid £70 for my motherboard 3 years ago and it supports the 3950x according the manufacturer, to can see 3900 being £350 by Christmas. Although I want a VR headset to play Alyx.
Actually the AMD X570 boards are more expensive than the Z490 boards. But then you can get a B450/B550 aswell if you’re happy with limited M2 and USBC. And those are cheaper. Personally I prefer the mobo options on Intel, mostly because they aren’t heinously expensive like some X570 boards But still have most of the same features and often some extra like thunderbolt and optane but also because they don’t have a fan on them. Seriously, a fan on a motherboard? Huge nope for me. But then I am a quiet freak.

Actually the AMD X570 boards are more expensive than the Z490 boards. But then you can get a B450/B550 aswell if you’re happy with limited M2 and USBC. And those are cheaper. Personally I prefer the mobo options on Intel, mostly because they aren’t heinously expensive like some X570 boards But still have most of the same features and often some extra like thunderbolt and optane but also because they don’t have a fan on them. Seriously, a fan on a motherboard? Huge nope for me. But then I am a quiet freak.

Maybe they are in your country but here in Gougeland (New Zealand) it is the other way round
Asus ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming = $449.00
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming = $519.00

Maybe they are in your country but here in Gougeland (New Zealand) it is the other way round
Asus ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming = $449.00
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming = $519.00

In the U.K. it’s

Asus ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming = £314.99
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming = £259.99

And the 10700K is £333 on Amazon today.

Last edited:
In the U.K. it’s

Asus ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming = £314.99
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming = £259.99

And the 10700K is £333 on Amazon today.

Well you don't exactly need neither of those boards for these CPU's. Tomahawk will do for either X570 or Z490. At £333 I would pick 10700K but that isn't its standard price, usually it cost over £400 which is about a £100 more than 3700X and it doesn't have a cooler

Well you don't exactly need neither of those boards for these CPU's. Tomahawk will do for either X570 or Z490. At £333 I would pick 10700K but that isn't its standard price, usually it cost over £400 which is about a £100 more than 3700X and it doesn't have a cooler
Of course you don’t need these boards. But personally I build for fun. So sure I could buy the best value stuff but that doesn’t interest me as much as the more expensive over the top type stuff. Who “needs” a 10700K or a 3700x anyway? I need computers for work but my boss supplies them and I have no love for it. Also ASUS and me are very happy together when it comes to motherboards. Can’t say the same about MSI, Gigabyte, Foxconn! Literally never had a single problem on any of the 5 ASUS boards I’ve owned over the last 20 years.

As for the cooler, I’d rather the 3700X was cheaper and didn’t have one. The AMD stock coolers arent very good and yes I’m aware they are better than Intel’s before someone pipes up. If I bought either CPU I’d buy an aftermarket cooler for it or I’d use my Noctua NHD-15 which the included mount works on Z490 but for X570 I’d have to purchase the mount.

Of course you don’t need these boards. But personally I build for fun. So sure I could buy the best value stuff but that doesn’t interest me as much as the more expensive over the top type stuff. Who “needs” a 10700K or a 3700x anyway? I need computers for work but my boss supplies them and I have no love for it. Also ASUS and me are very happy together when it comes to motherboards. Can’t say the same about MSI, Gigabyte, Foxconn! Literally never had a single problem on any of the 5 ASUS boards I’ve owned over the last 20 years.

As for the cooler, I’d rather the 3700X was cheaper and didn’t have one. The AMD stock coolers arent very good and yes I’m aware they are better than Intel’s before someone pipes up. If I bought either CPU I’d buy an aftermarket cooler for it or I’d use my Noctua NHD-15 which the included mount works on Z490 but for X570 I’d have to purchase the mount.

I'm like this is well, if I was to get a new PC right now I would probably go for X570 Aorus Elite or Strix - E even though I don't need any of these boards. The cooler was very good even for the 2700X but now with the chiplets I would only use it upto R5 3600, my wife is using it on her 3700X and it does get loud and the CPU is still hot, with the larger die on 2000 series it was much more effective but for many people won't mind it : -)

I'm like this is well, if I was to get a new PC right now I would probably go for X570 Aorus Elite or Strix - E even though I don't need any of these boards. The cooler was very good even for the 2700X but now with the chiplets I would only use it upto R5 3600, my wife is using it on her 3700X and it does get loud and the CPU is still hot, with the larger die on 2000 series it was much more effective but for many people won't mind it : -)
I love my NHD-15. It was replaced by a H110i for a couple of years but I switched back and preferred the Noctua as it meant I could have the covers on the top of my case which was much quieter. It also looks like an absolute unit with the chromax mod top covers and industrial grade fans. The thing is very very quiet itself too and very rarely even spins up under load and has no pump noise like the H110i did. On a Ryzen part I can’t see it needing to go above 1000-1100 rpm. Maybe on a 3950X running an OCCT stress test!

Not sure about the Aorus stuff. It looks incredible and seems to review well, might give it a chance as my Gigabyte graphics card is actually very well made and I’m very happy with it. It’s been a while since that Gigabyte caused me any hassle.

I love my NHD-15. It was replaced by a H110i for a couple of years but I switched back and preferred the Noctua as it meant I could have the covers on the top of my case which was much quieter. It also looks like an absolute unit with the chromax mod top covers and industrial grade fans. The thing is very very quiet itself too and very rarely even spins up under load and has no pump noise like the H110i did. On a Ryzen part I can’t see it needing to go above 1000-1100 rpm. Maybe on a 3950X running an OCCT stress test!

Not sure about the Aorus stuff. It looks incredible and seems to review well, might give it a chance as my Gigabyte graphics card is actually very well made and I’m very happy with it. It’s been a while since that Gigabyte caused me any hassle.

I never liked Noctua stuff due to how "ugly" they look, I've been using aio's for a bit a earlier this year I made a jump to a full custom loop, now my PC is quiet and it looks incredible :joy: I jump between Gigabyte and ASUS for boards, right now I'm using X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi but my wife is on Asus Prime X570 Pro, her board was a bit annoying with ram but apart from that its all good, in my old PC's I did use Crosshair V Formula - Z and 990FX Sabertooth R2.0 for AM3+ and they were so good for overclocking I wish I never sold them :facepalm:

It's almost like it will be cheaper to take a flight to US, built an awesome PC, and bring it back home. These prices are getting ridiculous, tech tourism anyone?

It's almost like it will be cheaper to take a flight to US, built an awesome PC, and bring it back home. These prices are getting ridiculous, tech tourism anyone?

My dad did something like that around 15 years ago but it was to buy...... meat, he bought a ticket, flew to Poland, bought bags of meat and flew back to Scotland....... :joy:

I never liked Noctua stuff due to how "ugly" they look, I've been using aio's for a bit a earlier this year I made a jump to a full custom loop, now my PC is quiet and it looks incredible :joy: I jump between Gigabyte and ASUS for boards, right now I'm using X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi but my wife is on Asus Prime X570 Pro, her board was a bit annoying with ram but apart from that its all good, in my old PC's I did use Crosshair V Formula - Z and 990FX Sabertooth R2.0 for AM3+ and they were so good for overclocking I wish I never sold them :facepalm:
Oh I know what you mean about Noctua but the chromax stuff makes it looks mac as. You can now get the NHD-15 in black too, I like it a lot!

I haven’t done a custom loop for about 10 years and when I did do it on my Q6600 it did not go well at all. It leaked initially but once I sorted that I found it was just noisy! It didn’t look good either and it eventually It gunked up and I just tore out the cooling and put the air stuff back on. But I was 20 when I built that machine and it was watercooling on a budget, I bought this kit, it was a lot of fun. I might have a go now but normally (when there is no pandemic) I take regular trips away, sometimes for several weeks at a time and I’m not sure if it’s healthy for a loop to be switched off for that long a period of time. Not to mention the money it would cost. Back in 08 a top end rig cost less than what a 2080ti on its own? Whilst I have more money these days there is a limit. I don’t even have a 2080 ti, I’d rather have beefier hardware than a loop.

Oh I know what you mean about Noctua but the chromax stuff makes it looks mac as. You can now get the NHD-15 in black too, I like it a lot!

I haven’t done a custom loop for about 10 years and when I did do it on my Q6600 it did not go well at all. It leaked initially but once I sorted that I found it was just noisy! It didn’t look good either and it eventually It gunked up and I just tore out the cooling and put the air stuff back on. But I was 20 when I built that machine and it was watercooling on a budget, I bought this kit, it was a lot of fun. I might have a go now but normally (when there is no pandemic) I take regular trips away, sometimes for several weeks at a time and I’m not sure if it’s healthy for a loop to be switched off for that long a period of time. Not to mention the money it would cost. Back in 08 a top end rig cost less than what a 2080ti on its own? Whilst I have more money these days there is a limit. I don’t even have a 2080 ti, I’d rather have beefier hardware than a loop.

I've always wanted a custom loop and especially since they added RGB, I watched Jays2Cents for months and eventually I thought f**k it I will do it. I bought everything from EK which cost me €820 ( it was cheaper to order from EU and get it delivered to UK ) and on top of that the fans were another £200 so definitely not cheap and to many not worth it but the way I looked at it is, it will last for years and the only thing I will have to change in the future is GPU block, is quieter than the aio + stock cooler on my Radeon VII plus it looks 100 times better , honestly when somebody walks into my living room and the PC is on their reaction is priceless :joy::joy:

Back