any webcam users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizoid77

Hey,
I recently bought a Logitech webcam. And it's causing me alot of grief...if anyone knows why when using the webcam, yahoo messenger freezes...and can NOT be shut down other than me physically turning OFF the computer and rebooting....START button and Restart/Shutdown doesn't do diddly.
Task manager shows process running and application NOT RESPONDING...but I can't end the process or do anything(except minimize the window)...
Is this a Yahoo problem or something, or is it common for webcams to crash your system?
Any help is appreciated...I don't wanna have to turn my computer on and off 4-5 times everytime I use the camera....

My Logitech Quickcam Express hasn't crashed anything here in any operating system.

Which model is it, which operating system, do you have any other USB problems?

hey man, thanks for replying...it's the QiuckCam Messenger...retails for like 39.99 and has the built in microphone..I'm using XP Home edition and have no other USB problems...
My main issue is that I can't shut down yahoo without holding down my power button on the tower and killin the whole system....it sucks. Is this something that a faulty USB port can be blamed for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back