AOC reveals two 240Hz Agon monitors with 0.5ms response times

midian182

Staff member
In brief: If you’re looking for a well-priced monitor that prioritizes response times and refresh rates above all else, the new entries in AOC's Agon line could be the answer.

For pro/competitive gamers, the new 27-inch AG271FZ2 and 24.5-inch AG251FZ2 LCD panels’ response times of just 0.5ms will be hugely appreciated, as will the screen refresh rates of 240Hz. The monitors offer buttery smooth motion without ghosting, and, as they’re also packing AMD’s FreeSync adaptive sync tech, there’s no screen tearing or stuttering.

Both monitors come with DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D, and VGA inputs, along with built-in speakers and a 4 x USB 3.0 hub with one fast-charging port. They also sport features such as Lowblue Light Mode and Shadow Control, which allows users to increase brightness levels of darker areas of the screen without affecting the entire display.

Like other 240Hz monitors from Samsung and Asus, AOC’s pair come with a 1920 x 1080 resolution. While 1440p is the preferred choice of most gamers, it was only this year when Lenovo unveiled the first 1440p@240Hz gaming monitor, at CES.

Another compelling element of these monitors are the prices. The 24.5-inch version is available for preorder at $329.99 on Amazon, while the 27-inch version is $379.99. That compares well to Samsung’s $399 27-inch CRG5, which is also 1080p@240Hz. The similar 24.4-inch ROG PG258Q, meanwhile, is on sale at $475, though that model does have full G-Sync.

Permalink to story.

I have AOC Agon AG271QX 27 which I brought in feb 2019.
The build quality and materials used in monitor are of the best quality even the heft of the stand feels as if it can support a ultra-wide pretty easy. It is a TN panel but is pretty close to IPS with viewing angels though some colour shift is evident.
the included remote is one of the best accessory I have used, but it is one of the worst possible build quality I have seen and feels flimsy. the pressure points on buttons are not even and on one of those I have to press at extreme corner to register my press.
The USB ports on the right side are godsend, no really I can just reach towards my monitor and plug USB in, I keep my Cabinet away from me due to the heat released and it is really pretty useful feature.
Other issue I have continuously since day one are stuck pixels of red and blue colour on top right corner at various positions of the screen. they do go away by slight rubbing/massaging the screen, which is pretty irritating but are not that big of a issue to claim warranty.
I paid top asking price for this but would prefer to go with Asus/LG which are price competitive and have better user experience. I pulled the trigger for 144 Hz refresh rate and this was the only choice available then.
ultimately I feel that I should have waited for Asus ROG 32" @ 144Hz which is priced pretty close to this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/awrdpt/aoc_agon_ag271qx_user_review/

Last edited:
I have AOC Agon AG271QX 27 which I brought in feb 2019.
The build quality and materials used in monitor are of the best quality even the heft of the stand feels as if it can support a ultra-wide pretty easy. It is a TN panel but is pretty close to IPS with viewing angels though some colour shift is evident.
the included remote is one of the best accessory I have used, but it is one of the worst possible build quality I have seen and feels flimsy. the pressure points on buttons are not even and on one of those I have to press at extreme corner to register my press.
The USB ports on the right side are godsend, no really I can just reach towards my monitor and plug USB in, I keep my Cabinet away from me due to the heat released and it is really pretty useful feature.
Other issue I have continuously since day one are stuck pixels of red and blue colour on top right corner at various positions of the screen. they do go away by slight rubbing/massaging the screen, which is pretty irritating but are not that big of a issue to claim warranty.
I paid top asking price for this but would prefer to go with Asus/LG which are price competitive and have better user experience. I pulled the trigger for 144 Hz refresh rate and this was the only choice available then.
ultimately I feel that I should have waited for Asus ROG 32" @ 144Hz which is priced pretty close to this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/awrdpt/aoc_agon_ag271qx_user_review/

I have one of these monitors as well & I couldn't be happier with it & my Vega 64 LC, until, my cats ran amok & jumped over the top of it & it went crashing into my K95 keyboard breaking one of its legs & taking a chunk out of it, there is also a ghosting from a keyboard key :(

I was sad so I bought a 1080 ti KiNGPiN when it was on special, as I wanted top see GPU was better. I saw a Viewsonic XG2703-GS on sale on eBay, so I contacted the seller to see if he would swap the monitor for the Vega 64 LC, which he did - woo hoo

I miss the Vega 64 LC sometimes as it was fluid with AGON AOC AG271QX, but when I play my FPS games, I smile at the higher framerates I get with the KiNGPiN. It does not feel as fluid, but I love the higher frame rates with no tearing on my IPS 165Hz 1ms G-Sync monitor.

I still have the Viewsonic, I won't get rid of it as I love it, it is one monitor in my 3 monitor set up; it is not the main one anymore thou

https://www.techspot.com/products/monitors/viewsonic-xg2703-gs.152892/

https://www.techspot.com/products/monitors/aoc-ag271qx.146624/

Back