AOL wont let you dial out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppetgrimm1

Hello I have been having a problem with The AOL software. On my old computer every once in a while When Dialing AOL It would lockup Right as it would check for a dail tone And it wouldnt go any further. Now I have a new computer and it is doing the same thing.on Both computers "both of wich are Sony VAIO" Does anyony know why this is happening? Thanks for any halp.

Late
Puppetgrimm1

P.S. When the above acures I have to restart the computer to be able to fix the problem.

ahh you fell for the old AOL trick? sounds great right "1000 hours free" well AOL is crap, dont know how to fix your problem but if your gonna cancel ur service you must say " Iwant to cancel" three times b4 they will actually cancel thats they rule "the customer must say 'cancel' three times b4 they will actually cancel"

Could be lots of things, but as far as im concerned, AOL is a virus. try uninstalling it once, haha.

I wouldnt recomend that anyone use aol, but if you must, do you have the newest version of it? are you using win XP? do you leave your PC on all the time, or do you periodically restart it? does it work right away after you restart it?

there are spyware/adware/malware crap that can infect your computer and make it dial a long distance number or whatever, thereby charging your phone bill, do you have anything suspicious on your phone bill? if a program like that, or anything else is using your modem and aol trys to use it, it would cause problems.

If available in your area i would get a cable modem or dsl connection, you should be able to get one for around what your paying for aol, and it will be 100 times faster. if you cant, i would check out some other dialup providers, as most cost about half as much as aol does.

get NetZero High Speed 3G, its not as fast as DSL but for 9.95 a month it does alright, with AOL my speed was about 46.6BPS, with Netzero im getting 285BPS!

get rid of AOL it is one of the most unreputable ISPs around. There have been plenty of news stories around how their software is a root kit and their customer service is horrible and cheating people out of money and cancellations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back