appearance and start menu are possesed

Status
Not open for further replies.

frasier

ok, i want my XP sp2 appearance to be windows classic. But occasionally it will decide to change back to the windows XP appearance when i start up. And when it decides to change it continually changes to XP for many start ups, then suddenly it will stay the way i want (classic). Then another day it will start changing again

now, onto my start menu problem. You know how on XP it tells you if new programs have been installed? Well, my start menu freaked one day and told me about 10 of my older programs were new, and they were highlighted. One time i ran doom 3 and the start menu was fixed, but later it messed up again...

I`d say that your system is either virused or corrupt in some way.

First go HERE and follow the instructions carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that, go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

If after eliminating the possibility of a virus malware etc, the problem still persists, then maybe doing a repair install of Windows would be the way to go.

Instructions on how to do this can be found HERE.

Regards Howard :)

just another update, usually when xp changes to XP mode, it goes to an XP setting that looks like it could be from windowblinds, which i uninstalled. the option for that appearance doesn't even exist in the menu but thats what it changes to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back