Are there model numbers for the fx5200 cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered an nvidia fx5200 and it came with some funky dms-59 output connector...tried to check the nvidia site and they say "they don't manufacture cards, only chips" which seems totally wrong, as my card says "nvidia" right on it

anyway, I need a vga connection - which everything I could find said the fx5200 has - but this card only has the dms-59 connector (which seems very rare)

anyone know of a listing of fx5200 model numbers, so you know what to order and what you will get?...I ordered this from ascendtech (which may be part of the problem)

tia

They make the GPU but not the actual card. Are you sure that isn't a DVI connector? Did your card come in a retail box? A DVI to VGA adapter usually comes with it but if not, you can buy them separately.

yeah, it's a dms-59, not a dvi-d -i or any of those other flavors...I think there must be like 2 of these cards in existance, cause you sure can't find much info about it...I never heard of dms-59 until ascendtech stuck me with this card

but again, aren't there ANY model numbers associated with an fx5200?????...how do you prevent getting stuck with one of these, if not?

yeah, there's a lot of information, but no information on model numbers - seems crazy to me that the connector on the card isn't specified in a model number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back