ASUS P4P800-VM Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mobo is not recognized by the ASUS update utility. Also the Intel Chipset Identification utility does not recognize the chipset. I believe these problems are what is the cause of my SATA drive issue. One of my SATA drives will freeze my XP system. I was told that I should install the drivers from my mobo, becuase this is what is causing the freezing. So any clues as to why the ASUS and Intel utilities are responding as such? I have already reinstalled my XP twice to no satifaction. I have also cleared the CMOS. Not getting any attention from ASUS.

can you flash the bios to the latest version? i'm assuming that you have correctly identified your board and have acquired the correct drivers/updates for it.

try using a different revision of your asus drivers/software

i reccomend running cpu-z and checking the resulting info

P4p80-vm

System Info by Gabriel and CPU-Z both register my board. ASUS can't detect my board and Intel can't detect the chipset even with the latest utilities from each. Why is this? Do you think there is a problem with my mobo or is XP screwing things up.

P4p800-vm

yes the Intel chipsets are installed. Which is why I have it strange that intel cannot detect the chipset and ASUS cannot detect the motherboard. CPU-Z and System Info both detect the motherboard and chipsets installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back