Asus P7P55D Deluxe Motherboard Review

A P55 is surely my next motherboard. I will just wait that the price goes down a bit.
I have had 4 Asus motherboards and never disappointed.

Looks like a nice motherboard but it's a little too expensive for me. I would be interested in the lower end models if they OC ability was similar. I am really looking forward to the P55 mobo shootout you listed at the bottom of the article. Always good to see a big comparison of hardware to help choose what to buy.

P7P55D for the cost-minded buyer is a dream, even it hasn't the bells and whistles of the deluxe version. I've always chose the standard version of Asus motherboards I've buyed, because these versions tend to have the same overclock stability, and overall build quality of the packed up versions... I had to use PCI IEEE 1394 controler, and a better PCI sound card, but that is not necessary a bad thing.
Also the performance difference between LGA 1156 and 1366 is not so big.. i'm almost sure that in real life you cannot see it, and this new socket will be the way to go Intel, and 1366 will be used only by hardcore, no budget-limit buyers.

I have had it in front of me... too bad that technology entering my country gets punished by customs.

I like the heat-pipes a lot, also the high connectivity it has for different devices.

Currently own an Asus mainboard and plan to keep it Asus way.

I'm buying a Gigabyte P55 along with the i5 750 and ATI HD 5770 for my next computer ;] Gigabyte was the best bang for the buck I could find, I might have missed something tho.

Deso said:
I'm buying a Gigabyte P55 along with the i5 750 and ATI HD 5770 for my next computer ;] Gigabyte was the best bang for the buck I could find, I might have missed something tho.

I came up with the same rig for my next upgrade, lol. though min includes a power supply, a western dig hd and OCZ or corsair memory...my current comp is so old, it needs to be put to rest soon.

Having said this though, might look into Asus P55s and see what the deal is...

Yet another great motherboard from Asus... which yet again is just SO costly on the high end. I know they are targeting this to enthusiasts but I can't help but feel they keep missing the majority of the market segment by pricing them too high.

Yeah, can't wait for the P55 mobo roundup, but it seems to me that if you're going for anything other than a low-end P55 board, you might as well pay the slight extra for an x58 system.

my last motherboard was an Intel D102GGC2, then one day it just refused to start, I was in the middle of a very important project and had no money to buy an Intel board which would run my processor and ram, though I tried my best to get t replaced/repaired, then I went to the market and bought an Asus board, a very low end P5KPL-VM and am still using it, and you know what it even supports Quad Core, so I am gonna wait until these nice new boards become a little cheaper then they are now and then I will buy them, though after my last experience am never gonna buy any Intel board now, only Asus... :)

I'm considering upgrading my computer to an i5 system, and this board is among those I am considering. Looking forward to reading the complete 7 board review, which hopefully won't be published too late...

I always believed that ASUS is one of leader in motherboard manufacturing industry. I have built two custom pc in home and for both i went for ASUS and it never disappointed me. I find it for good money value.

Coincidentally I've decided to build myself a semi-awesome computer system to upgrade my old Pentium D Dual Core processor which can't really run as much as it once could. I'm going for the nice and cheap Core i5 750 (LGA 1156), this mother board looks like a nice solid choice to match it.

I'm trying to keep the cost under $1300AUS, but still have decent components that will last for a good solid while. ASUS never disappoint, I've used their boards for as long as I can remember and even their cheaper lower-cost boards are still great.

The difference in power consumption between the Asus and the MSI is astounding. The MSI is more power hungry than the X58 setup. It'll definitely be interesting to see the power consumption numbers in your roundup to see if the MSI is an outlier amongst the P55 boards.

I think I will be going with P55 instead of X58, There is not as much difference, but price. Asus makes overall good stuff.

I came up with the same rig for my next upgrade, lol. though min includes a power supply, a western dig hd and OCZ or corsair memory...my current comp is so old, it needs to be put to rest soon.

Having said this though, might look into Asus P55s and see what the deal is...

haha yea I hear you, I'm still running on a Pentinum 4 with radeon x300 :D

The difference in power consumption between the Asus and the MSI is astounding. The MSI is more power hungry than the X58 setup. It'll definitely be interesting to see the power consumption numbers in your roundup to see if the MSI is an outlier amongst the P55 boards.

Actually MSI has now managed to correct the problem in their latest BIOS release. We have re-tested the board in our P55 roundup which is due very soon.

Back