At TechSpot staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

navuho

I want to ask, why are TechSpot staff deleting my comments on articles where I criticize in normal and calm manner the quality of an article, and then you delete my comment that criticize you for deleting my comments.
Why?
I know your terms state that "The administrators of TechSpot reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any discussion topic, post or account for any reason. ". So you can remove it for any reason, however does that mean that you don't allow constructive criticism? We are not allowed to give our opinion when we don't like something in your article?

I've read your comment. Honestly I could have gone either way but I'll stand by the mods this time (who are part of the community itself, not staff).

IMO, the comment is not as lighthearted as you think, it's more of a snarky somewhat offensive comment that is then watered down a bit by using an emoji. ;) See what I just did there?

Moderating a forum is not an exact science and comments are bound to be removed on ocassion. We are thankful for our community to keep it civil and the contributors who help us make sure it stays that way, otherwise it's a slippery slope.

I've read your comment. Honestly I could have gone either way but I'll stand by the mods this time (who are part of the community itself, not staff).

IMO, the comment is not as lighthearted as you think, it's more of a snarky somewhat offensive comment that is then watered down a bit by using an emoji. ;) See what I just did there?

Moderating a forum is not an exact science and comments are bound to be removed on ocassion. We are thankful for our community to keep it civil and the contributors who help us make sure it stays that way, otherwise it's a slippery slope.

Well honestly I don't understand what exactly you found to be offensive... and I guess you can take out every criticism when done in humorous and sarcastic funny way under the pretext to be offensive.
But yet again we live in times where people get offended by saying their biological gender so.. who knows.
With that kind of sensitivity I better stay off the comments.

Oh an Julio, one more thing... Did you actually read the article of your fellow colleague?

I just want to elaborate my comment here.

Article title: "F9 exists in a parallel universe where Red's Hydrogen One was a good phone"

Some of the article texts: "Case in point: in the trailer, the disappointing Red Hydrogen One phone is the handset of choice for multiple characters, as it adorns the dashboards of their cars. You see, in the F9 universe, Red never abandoned the phone business and the Hydrogen One wasn't an overpriced critical failure."

1. In the movie trailer, the phone is never been on focus, mentioned or given any clues about its brand, the fact is, the phone is visible for a brief moment, and if you don't pause on it you won't see anything, let alone tell what the phone is, so you can't even consider it as ad.
2. No were anyone say anything about it, let alone being good or bad. But how your colleague comes up with that title is beyond me.
3. The Red's Hydrogen One has one specific function (module connector on the back) where you can connect different modules to it and expand its functionality, and from the shot we see there is something attached to it, so maybe the entire point of showing this phone is that it can serve specific function related to the car that normal phones can't do.
4. Your colleague fail to see way more interesting tech in this trailer like:

The strange test dummy with night goggles
2.jpg

The strange laptop with the 3 VGA ports
1.jpg

So as I just explained and given the facts, you can see how this article is very VERY low quality, and the focus of it is sucked out of a scene that is not even on "focus" in the trailer and its blurry entierly. But the article author is making conclusions and finds hidden messages and uses them to write as title.

I'm sorry but I find the article to be offensive to me as reader of Techspot, as I expect quality tech articles, not some personal hate flame toward a very successful 6 billion movie franchise and a brand for no reason.

As Techspot reader I tough you were more serious website where it avoids click bytes and write articles based on facts and research not from personal vendettas with imaginary conclusions.

I don't mind constructive criticism towards the movie or trailers, or even personal review on it, but to write an article based on a blurry 1 sec shot of equipment and make conclusion from it about the franchise... seriously...

In the light of that, I think that not only this article should be removed from Techspot, but also you should reconsider your comments policy, as I have not been offensive at all and all I have said is asking why this article exists and why it is on Techspot at all. In fact I think I was very kind. And maybe next time before you consider my comments offensive and delete them, maybe you should read your articles first.

Cheers

Hmm; since when did a movie trailer have anything in common with a technical forum?

This aint facebook.

But the article author is making conclusions and finds hidden messages and uses them to write as title.

Of course I read the article. But somehow we have two very different takes on it. You seem to be taking it harshly that there was some negativity about the movies realism. Hence the aggressive comment (later deleted). But that's besides the point. There was no deep analysis here, nor an intention for that...

The way I see it, this was on a weekend, bringing up the new trailer for F9. We do a bit of entertainment/culture news on TechSpot when we find it relevant for our audience. The tech spin on the story was simply that the Red Hydrogen One was showcased when the phone is now dead and was a commercial failure. The story is a light read with some just-for-fun references.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back