ATI 9800XT Radeon (blue screens, lock-ups, ect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, my first post here, i have had a nightmare with my 9800XT card over the last few months, whenever i install any drivers above 4.10 Cat. it seems to give me blue screens randomly, i have updated my motherboard chipset ect.. As ATI advised me to but still im getting it. Even today while running a 3d Mark test i got a blue screen. My GFX card (In the ATI overdrive panel) says its at 70-80*C outside of a game, In the "PC health" section in the start up the CPU is 30-40*C. I mainly get the problem playing the following Games, Battlefield 2, Joint operations and Blackhawk down. i cant figure this out and thought i would post here.

Im currently using the latest ATi drivers (5.7)

Any help would be grateful.

Jonathan.

The 9800 series cards run very hot. Your card fan may be failing. You can get a VGA Silencer for about $15. It replaces the fan and heatsink and does a great job of cooling the card. You may also need to do a clean install of Windows if you've changed the video driver alot.

bbkiller said:
hi, my first post here, i have had a nightmare with my 9800XT card over the last few months, whenever i install any drivers above 4.10 Cat. it seems to give me blue screens randomly, i have updated my motherboard chipset ect.. As ATI advised me to but still im getting it. Even today while running a 3d Mark test i got a blue screen. My GFX card (In the ATI overdrive panel) says its at 70-80*C outside of a game, In the "PC health" section in the start up the CPU is 30-40*C. I mainly get the problem playing the following Games, Battlefield 2, Joint operations and Blackhawk down. i cant figure this out and thought i would post here.

Im currently using the latest ATi drivers (5.7)

Any help would be grateful.

Jonathan.

I am having this same issue. I have a Arctic Cool ATI Silencer on the card. Same thing happens. If I run anything below 5.0, everything seems to run fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back