ATI graphics error??

Status
Not open for further replies.

good_2_go

Hey, I recently had to reinstall my windows and Reinstalled my ATI radeon 9250 video card. My screen keeps goin black out of nowhere for a few seconds and then comes back on with this ATI message: VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer resonding to graphics driver commands. Or sometimes the screen goes black and wont come back and i'm forced to turn it off. Has anyone heard of this before and knows how to fix it???
Thanks

Open device manager, in vista through control panel

in XP right click my computer go to properties then the hardware tab

What does it say under display adapter?

When you select the display adapter what does it say under driver

you currently have version Catalyst 6.5

1. Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
2. At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove.
3. You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
4. Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining ATI software or other drivers that you have tried.
5. If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to uninstall each one individually.
6. Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO (IF there use step 7)
7. Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.

1.Go to link and put in your OS and select your card from the list, hit GO. When the latest drivers come up -> Go all the way to the bottom and select previous driver versions
Select version Catalyst 6.6 Double-click on the downloaded driver file. Click Run
Use the default directory for extracting the files and press the Install button.
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers

2. Click Next on the first install screen.
3. Click Yes to the License agreement.
4. Click the Custom button.
5. Select the driver, catalyst control center (if wanted) and uncheck the box for steam
# The installer will start to load the display driver first.
Next you will see the WDM Capture drivers load (for VIVO or All-In-Wonder).
The Catalyst Control Center setup will start shortly after.(if selected)
A dialog box will indicate the install progress.

6.Click Finish to restart your computer.

Many people will get an error message at this point ->Follow below.

7.Go back to Device manager-> add hardware => have disk
8.Select the Driver location yourself which should be C:\ATI\Driver Folder\Driver

Yours is kind of unique because From Catalyst 6.6 and up ATI removed driver-level support for the following series of cards (including Mobility models): 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9200, 9250 -> let me know if you have Vista because there are other versions that will work that are not by ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back