ATI issues with Aspire 1800

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodneyatvisnet

This is now my second post, hopefully this question will be little clearer and easier for someone to help. I have been asked to replace a hard drive on an older laptop, Aser Aspire 1800. After installing the new hard drive i reloaded windows without any error at all. After first boot i installed drivers from the disc that came with the laptop. After a reboot of the system the laptop screen was blurry and when i right clicked to check screen properties the system halted and blue screened, couldnt see error as the laptop rebooted straight away. After much stuffing around i booted into safe mode and disables the ATi adapter and tried again. The system booted normally and no errors and was able to use laptop at screen resolution 640X480, no other option was available. Then updated to SP2 and tried again with ATi enabled.

The ATi driver continually crashed the laptop, i downloade the lastest version and tried again, FAIL.

is there anyhting else i can do to fix this issue

1. Uninstall the drivers from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel of Windows.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run Driver Sweeper*, select the drivers that you have uninstalled and click Clean button.
4. Install the new drivers.

* For Windows Vista users, please run Driver Sweeper in administrator mode.
Right mouse click Driver Sweeper shortcut and click Run as administrator.

To download and install Driver Sweeper, please click HERE. (direct link)
Save DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe file on the hard disk.
Run DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe.

Thanks so much for the help, will test it when i get home from work. I dont suppose there is a trick to have your post read by more people or is it just luck. I noticed on my other post only a few people read it. Or was there something wrong with my post, or is it more of a case of becuase i am new.

Cheers

Will keep you posted about driver issue

No "because you're new" has no difference, if anything you would get more views (everyone likes the new member ;) )

Your other threads:
Building Shuttle for Cad
Heat Issues with Shuttle PC

I think it's the words "Shuttle" and the word (program) "Cad"
It's ideal to be specific for your Titles, but the above Titles have also eliminated 90% of the community. ie If you had stated:
Heat Issues with PC, and\or Building PC for Business
It may have had more views

By the way... Both these other threads, should really have been best suited as just one thread, not two. Multiple threads on the same subject by the same member, are usually disregarded as being inappropriate, (a bit like spam) by many support members. ie Don't make another one now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back