ATI radeon 9250 graphic card doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

vreg

when i try to install drivers i get an error message 'setup was unable to complete the installation try to setup your display adaptor with a standard VGA driver before running setup'
What do i do now? :confused:

We need more information. What driver version are you trying to install, and what version of windows are you on?

Might was well give us your computer specs as well. Mobo make/model in particular.

i got a cd with the graphic card get the same error message and i found one on ATI's website and i still get the same error message.
Comps specs:
512mb ram
1.8ghz processing speed
80gb hard drive
im using windows XP
i hope this helps?

Hope this helps

I was having the same problem with my PCI Radeon 7200. Have you checked if windows recognizes your other card as "Standard PCI Graphics Adapter"?
If so, you shouldn´t have any problem. That was the solution to that problem in my PC. Hope you can solve it.

I had someone check it out and they said that i hadn't installed my drivers for my motherboard. does anyone know where to get it??
i have a MSI KMK400 motherboard. my graphic card is AGP not PCI

Thanks for replys

HI vreg,

A few things-
1) That system has an AGP slot. If your new videocard is PCI, you may wish to consider returning it and instead purchasing an AGP videocard. For example, you can get an AGP 9600 Pro from NewEgg for like $71 which would be 2x-6x faster and DirectX 9.0.
2) You can get the VIA 4-in-1 driver kit for your mainboard at:
http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/4in1/VIA_Hyperion 4in1_v456v.zip
That link includes the motherboard chipset, AGP, IDE controller and other drivers. All you need in one driver kit.
3) I'd also recommend DriverCleaner Pro and read/use it's instructions:
www.drivercleaner.net
IT is used in safe mode as administrator and is useful for removing old video drivers from your system.
4) Be sure to check your BIOS and look for "IRQ for VGA" and have it set to PCI if your Radeon is a PCI card.
5) Be sure to get the latest Catalyst drivers from www.ati.com . If you do not have .NET 1.1 installed, be sure to get the "Control Panel" version of the 5.9's.

Good luck!

thanks for replys!!
:( I downloaded the drivers for the motherboard, then i used the disc i got with the graphic card to install the drivers, now i get a different error message! :confused: it now says 'this display driver is not compatible with the display adaptor installed on your system'

now what do i do?

vreg,
Go on-line and download from ATI site the last Catalyst drivers for the 9250 as sharkfood pointed out above.
Go into Device manager/Hardware/Display Adapters. Righ click on properties. Driver tab. Update drivers. Now, DON'T use the cd that came with the vid card. Just point (using browse button) to the folder/file you downloaded. If it is a zipped file you'll have to unzip it in an empty folder first. Then point the browser window to the setup file. Windows should find it from there.

i went on hardware/device manager/ display adaptor and realised i had installed a driver for the worng graphic card :eek: so i deleted it, then i went on to ATI's website and downloaded the driver from there and now i get the same error message as before 'please install standard VGS driver......'
:suspiciou
im soo fed up now, now what can i do?

vreg said:
im soo fed up now, now what can i do?
Do steps 1-5 from my original post.. that's what you can do. :)

Seriously, if do them and follow the instructions specifically (AND the instructions that come with Driver Cleaner Pro), you'll be home free.

I should also add, if you do not have Service Pack 2 installed for Windows XP, you should consider this as well. The error you are receiving, while possible with SP2, is very rare. SP2 does include many more Windows-specific drivers which can help elleviate this issues in the future with installing drivers.

hi,
sharkfood i downloaded the 4 in one kit and i cant find the software on my computer. where the hell has it gone? lol :eek:
cud u hlp plz

is it called VIA RAid tool? becuase i have that. if it is when i open it, it says 'no stand alone disk no useable disk attached, please check if any disk tray is broken'

Tha'ts odd i have this same mobo and videocard setup and I've had the same problems. The driver i used reconized both video cards(agp and onboard) as the same exact video card. That can't be right. There is no option to disable the onboard video card in the bios. I had to disable it in windows. The Catalyst drivers still can't reconize my card but i do see it's reconized in the hardware device driver section. But for some unknown reason i can't get the catalyst control panel to work.

I just think the card is not compatable with this mobo. It's an 4x agp mobo though soi'm i'm taking this back another one that's agp 8x and dual ddr memery for just $20 more.

My cpu is a celeron D 340 2.93 mhz...I'll be upgrading to a VT7 motherboard today.

Strang..Now i'm still having the same problem with the VT7 motherboard. I'm beginning to think it's the video card and it dosen't like Direct x 9.c. I'm gogin to try to find an older driver for theis card to see if that helps. If it dosen't i'll get another video card.

Vreg, before installing a new graphics card driver, are you uninstalling the old one using the "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel? You used the word "delete" before so perhaps you aren't doing it right. Besides the driver itself you should also be uninstalling the ATI Control Panel first.

vreg:

Just to make sure, did you dwnload and install this chipset driver from the MSI website? VIA4in1_v5.00.zip.
If yes then go to Device Manager/Display adapters. Double click on it. Drivers tab/uninstall. Close window.
Now Right click on the Display adaptor in the Device Manager and uninstall.
Reboot computer and let windows find the card and install default drivers.
Now open the self install driver package from ATI for this card and run it.
This should work if not, there's something wrong with your mobo.

Good luck

hi
yeah i did 'remove' the old g/c driver. i had some problems about installing teh VIA 1in4 thingy i posted replys about it above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back