Audio problems after reformat

garrett250

Hey guys, I just reformated my computer with Windows XP Home Edition. I was running Windows 7 Ultimate before but I decided that I wanted XP back. Since then I have had no audio/ sound. Theres no sound control in the task bar and I have looked everywhere for a solution and havnt found one yet. If this helps my motherboard is an Intel La Crosse D865GLC. Any Help?

You're probably missing your audio drivers. Go to the intel site. Look under Support and download the audio driver for your motherboard

I have gone to the Intel site and tried to re download the audio driver but it says when i try and install it "Driver not found! Reboot your system and run the setup again"

PS it says that right when it looks like it completed

You're probably missing your audio drivers. Go to the intel site. Look under Support and download the audio driver for your motherboard

I have gone to the Intel site and tried to re download the audio driver but it says when i try and install it "Driver not found! Reboot your system and run the setup again"

PS it says that right when it looks like it completed

Check your BIOS settings. If there's an onboard audio option, make sure it's endabled or set to Automatic or similar

See HERE for BIOS info. Don't do a BIOS update but look at the instructions to enter BIOS setup menu. Once you enter BIOS setup, check all the BIOS screens to see if onboard audio is listed as an option

If the device is connected properly but has incorrect audio drivers, it should appear in device manager (and probably with a yellow question mark indicating the driver isn't installed/working for it). If it doesn't appear there, then bios settings might be a problem, or the card is dead, or the card needs to be reseated or something like that.

I suspect that is the case, assuming you are downloading the correct drivers for that board.

If the device is connected properly but has incorrect audio drivers, it should appear in device manager (and probably with a yellow question mark indicating the driver isn't installed/working for it). If it doesn't appear there, then bios settings might be a problem, or the card is dead, or the card needs to be reseated or something like that.

I suspect that is the case, assuming you are downloading the correct drivers for that board.

Well here is a screen shot of the Device Manager

Attachments

• Sound Card.JPG
    Sound Card.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 2
See HERE for BIOS info. Don't do a BIOS update but look at the instructions to enter BIOS setup menu. Once you enter BIOS setup, check all the BIOS screens to see if onboard audio is listed as an option

Ok, so I just checked my BIOS and the only thing I could find was Audio which was enabled so i just left that

OK. So is clear your sound card is being detected (in fact, do you have 2 sound cards???) plus a network card has no driver??

Maybe this may help provide some more detail

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

OK. So is clear your sound card is being detected (in fact, do you have 2 sound cards???) plus a network card has no driver??

Maybe this may help provide some more detail

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1050&SUBSYS_2019107B&REV_02\4&2E98101C&0&40F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20041102&REV_04\4&2E98101C&0&10F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_2019107B&REV_02\3&267A616A&0&FD The drivers for this device are not installed.
Multimedia Video Controller PCI\VEN_4444&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_88010070&REV_01\4&2E98101C&0&08F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
Do you have an internet connection on that computer? It looks like your onboard network adapter is missing a driver as well.

Plus I think you have a Gateway model 510 computer? Drivers from gateway for that model are HERE

Also look like you have both a Soundmax and Creative sound card? you can try installing those plus maybe a TV tuner card? (also on the Gateway download site you can try)

Do you have an internet connection on that computer? It looks like your onboard network adapter is missing a driver as well.

Plus I think you have a Gateway model 510 computer? Drivers from gateway for that model are HERE

Also look like you have both a Soundmax and Creative sound card? you can try installing those plus maybe a TV tuner card? (also on the Gateway download site you can try)

Yes, its a Gateway 510. And alright ill give it a shot. And yeah if i recall it had a tv tuner card.

And yeah i have internet. And the site is for the new 510, I have the older model. Around 2004 i think

Then you might also try Driver Identifier tool. seems to have helped some in the past. See if it helps and let us know.

p.s. You're also running SP2. you should also at some point update to SP3 but may as well do that effort after you know you can get the devices/drivers working again

Then you might also try Driver Identifier tool. seems to have helped some in the past. See if it helps and let us know.

p.s. You're also running SP2. you should also at some point update to SP3 but may as well do that effort after you know you can get the devices/drivers working again

Hey thanks man, I now have audio. Couldn't have figured it out without your help

Back