Averatec crappy custom Windows Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane702

Hey guys, I got a question I am just throwing out there.

I got a Averatec 3700 laptop refurbish like a year ago. My first thought was to reformat it to get the crappy Windows off of there and Install a custom one I like. Well....silly me...you can't do that with Averatec machines I guess. The tech guys from support told me that the motherboard only excepts the Cd that came with the computer. Since I got it refurbished...I don't have a CD and you can't get them online. I could get an RMA for our of warranty service and pay 75+ dollars to have them reinstall it...but since I am a man and fairly tech svaey I want to see if I can get around it.

So, do you any of you know of a way to get around using the Averatec Custom Windows???

Any ideas will awesome!

Awesome.

Ok, so I installed Unbuntu and everything is great. This is my first experience with a Linux system but I really like it. I have ran into one problem though. I can't seem to get the wireless working. I enabled it in the network tools and tired a few things I found on google but nothing. I understand I should probably go to a Unbuntu specific forum but...since I am here ya never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back