Bad Image Virus - Computer will not let me run 8 Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a ThinkPad R60 that is running on Windows XP, and a few weeks ago I got the System Secutiry 2009 Virus. I was able to run Malwarebytes and just when I thought I got rid of it I started to get pop ups when I restarted my computer. The first part changes but they all end with .exe - Bad Image. I am not sure if it is the same virus or a different one but it has hijacked my computer.

I tried to run Malwarebytes and Spybot but it will not let me open the programs. I have tried downloading them and saving them under different names and running them off of a jump drive but I still cannot open them. I tried to run through the 8 steps before posting but it will not let me update my Java and none of the programs will run.

I have tried to start the computer in safe mode and to preform a system restore but it will not let me do those either. I have tried to backup files but it will not let me.

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to fix this, I would hate to lose everything. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back