Bad Image - Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tech Spot Helper,

I have run into what looks to be a virus. I get a dialouge box that comes up with something about a "bad image file" and .dll anytime I open an application. So far this seems to be the only problem. I have gone through the 8 step process and have attached the log files.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

-> No action taken on MBAM scan, for found issues
Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <========= Not Done

Please re-run Malwarebytes
Confirm updated (third tab)
Then do the above quoted message, but this time "Remove all found issues"

By the way, you will need to then restart, and run (and attach) a new HJT log

Here's a further 8-Steps: (as Vundo infection can be difficult, this procedure should remove it ;))

Download the following 4 tools, and print these instructions

1. Download VundoFix; Trojan.Vundo Removal Tool; VirtumundoBeGone and ComboFix.
2. Go Offline - pull the cable network, turn off wireless card, turn off your modem.
3. Restart computer and press F8 to run Windows in Safe Mode
4. Run VundoFix.. Click on the Scan for Vundo. Scanning will begin, which takes a long time. In the white box will display the names of infected files. After the scan is complete click Remove Vundo, removal will begin. Confirm by clicking Yes. The application should ask for permission to restart your computer - click Yes. Start Windows in Safe Mode again.
5. Run FixVundo. Click Start, and then follow the instructions. It should be noted that this application can deal only with older mutations Vundo (Virtumonde).
6. Run VirtumondoBeGone. Click Continue and wait for the report.
7. Run ComboFix. Then, in the two windows that appear click Yes, and start scanning and removal of any Vundo (Virtumonde) infection. During this operation, you are not allowed to move the mouse or perform other actions. After the scan is complete, program will show a text file - a report from the program's action.
8. Restart computer and run Windows normally.

Success!! Thank you so much! I'm no longer getting the "bad image" boxes anymore and things seem to be good. It must have been buried deep - nothing found there problem until combo fix. I attached my latest logs just in case you're curious.

But yeah thanks again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back