Belkin router/ Netgear Adapter Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, we have a network in our house running off a Belkin router. We have one computer currently connected to it using a Netgear WG111V2 adapter.
The problem that i am having with it is that it is very erratic. It always seems to have full signal but it will just disconnect for no reason sometimes, this can be solved by repairing (sometimes, othertimes it requires a reboot) it but is still very irritating.
Sometimes it will be connected to the router but wont let you on the internet even though the internet light is displayed on the router.
I dont know if it is a problem of the adapter as i used to use it on a laptop in another room even further away from the router so distance isnt a problem either! When i did use it on the laptop however i had no problems with it, the connection was solid and it never disconnected.
The main annoyance i play an online game and it will be fine for a few minutes then say 'Connection Problems' for about 5 seconds then be fine again. Sometimes it can do this regularly othertimes rarely. The fact that it says connection problems suggests that the internet has disconnected, as this is what it does when the internet completely turns off, which it does quite often while im playing.

I really am at a loose end with it, its driving me mad!
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Simon

I hyave a wg111T wireless adapter and it does the same thing. I called ntgear sevral time and finally i changed the IP settings from dhcp to static and 192.168.1.25 subnet 255.255.255.0 and a local DNS to 4.2.2.2 and sec. 4.2.2.1 . never lost the connection since. Try that and c if it solves your problem. if it does look for a local dns server you could point to. (this is for the pacafic North west)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back