Belkin Wireless network setup. It wont work now service pack 2 is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all.
I am new to this so I would just like to say hi to everyone. I hope you can help me.
Last night I set up a wireless network in my house. My pc is connected to a Belkin wireless modem/router (through a network cable) and my landladies pc is connected via a belkin network notebook card.
To cut a long story short I got it all working and I noticed that my landlady had not been updating her windows upadtes on her pc. I installed windows service pack 2 and i have not been able to connect to the internet since. It says I have an excellent connection to the network but the internet wont work!!!!
I have turned the firewall off on my landladies pc but it makes no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Matt

service pack 2 has way too many glitches and faults with domains and some types of networking. uninstall it.

Turn off WinXP SP2 Firewall, also check the protocols for the Wireless Network Connection, if there is one called Aegis, it might need to be removed. You'll likely also need to update the driver for the card. If no updated driver exists, uninstall and reinstall the current driver, if that doesn't work you may have to remove SP2, but most manufacturers have updated their drivers to deal with SP2 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back