BIOS not starting, no monitor input

bourbon cream

okay so heres the problem,

i built a new build pc a few weeks ago and it was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago when after i shut it down and tried to restart it it wouldnt boot properly,
the monitor was displaying no signal input and the idle light was showing,
it took several restarts for the monitor to show any input,
however the next time i shut it down and restarted the computer i had the same problem of no input to the monitor and the computer not starting and once again it took several restarts for the bios to show and the computer to start up properly.

the next time the same thing was happening but this time when the bios loaded up it would freeze at the POST screen or during the bios or at the loading operating system screens, and would not fully boot. and occasionally when it did load the operating system (windows 7) it would freeze a few minutes after starting.
i decided i needed to leave it on now because i had work to do etc. and wasnt planning on shutting it down, however after a few hours windows update decided it wanted to restart my system abd now it will not work again.
the power button turns on the system but cannot turn it off and the monitor is still not showing any of the bios which i doubt is running.

i have tried taking out the graphics card and using on board graphics, to no avail
i have reseated my RAM and tried each of the 2 sticks individually, with no success,
and have tried reseating all cables. and this has not worked either.

please help

Asus GeForce GTX 460 Direct CU TOP 768MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.20GHz (Socket AM3) - Retail
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H AMD 880G (Socket AM3) microATX DDR3 Motherboard
OCZ Gold 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Low-Voltage Dual Channel (OCZ3G1333LV4GK)
Corsair CX 500W ATX Power Supply (CMPSU-500CXUK)
Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD502HJ) (running with RAID 0)
Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM

I was going to suggest using an old school VGA plug-and-play monitor to see if the screen activates and hopefully resolve a graphics driver issue. However, the more I read, the more it sounds like you have a bad motherboard. Good thing it's under warranty, eh?

Back