Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hardware

• both

• Total voters

Anibal

I have a Sony vaio OS: windows vista

it has been working decently and running just fine up until recently.
I use it for school and everyday use.
I recently got internet and I installed "bit-defender anti-virus" before I tried to access the internet. that's when all the blue screen errors started occurring. I uninstalled the bit-defender but it didn't fix anything. the computer restarts constantly by itself whenever I am connected to the internet. sometimes it give me a blue screen and sometimes it doesn't.

I cannot:
system restore: no restore points
update: connection doesn't stay on long enough because auto-restart
download: connection doesn't stay on long enough because auto-restart
fix anything because computer gives a blue screen when WLAN is connected

I already:
malware scanned
memory diagnostic
registry repair
local disk check
ccleaner

help please!

This is the most recent bluescreen error log

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 3
Can you do a factory restore? A factory restore is started with an escape key or some F key press and the start of the laptop. Another option would be to re-install Windows fresh manually

OK, if you have files on this machine that aren't backed up elsewhere, you should download some version of the Linux operating system, then do a "live" run of it off the CD. Use it to copy your important files to a flash drive(s), and store them someplace else, before yu go any further with any restore operation.

Some OEM Windows installs allow "repair" installs, but more often than not, they turn out to be useless,and it could depend on how much damage was done installing Bit Defender.

A full reinstall will wipe out all your files so:

If you're not at all familiar with Linux, go to this site: http://www.ubuntu.com/ and bone up as much as you can before we start.

AFAIK, The Bit Defender "Internet Security" package has a firewall included. That's probably not the cause of the blue screens, but it will prevent you from going on the internet if it's not set properly.

You'll need access to another machine online, with a CD burner, and / or a flash drive to mount the Linux image.

Back