Black Friday GPU Buying Guide: November GPU Pricing Update

If the used table is going to include the RTX 2xxx and 16xx series (which it should) then it should also include AMD's 5xxx series used pricing top to bottom.

5600XT's are priced similarly to the 1660s (if not lower) but generally out perform the 1660s by a solid 10-20% if I recall correctly.

If the used table is going to include the RTX 2xxx and 16xx series (which it should) then it should also include AMD's 5xxx series used pricing top to bottom.

5600XT's are priced similarly to the 1660s (if not lower) but generally out perform the 1660s by a solid 10-20% if I recall correctly.
Previous videos have included 5xxx series too. The conclusion is that you should have sold it during the crypto boom for 2x-3x the MSRP.

Previous videos have included 5xxx series too. The conclusion is that you should have sold it during the crypto boom for 2x-3x the MSRP.

Gave my brother a 3060Ti a couple years back, he turned around and sold his 5700XT on ebay for nearly a grand towards the end of the height of the crypto boom. Put the money towards their surrogacy.

Maybe I should sell off my 3080 10GB card, seems they're still going for around $400....

Gave my brother a 3060Ti a couple years back, he turned around and sold his 5700XT on ebay for nearly a grand towards the end of the height of the crypto boom. Put the money towards their surrogacy.

Maybe I should sell off my 3080 10GB card, seems they're still going for around $400....
What would you replace it with? The similar performing 4070 is selling for around $515 now. Currently if you are in the market for a mid to high end GeForce card it best to wait for the super versions unless you get a great deal that is close to the chart above in my personal recommendation as well. Also some are claiming that the super 2000 series cards have a better resell value compared to their non super versions. Meaning that it's likely the the 4000 super cards might hold their resell value better than non super cards.

I finally retired my 1080Ti back in October for a Sapphire 7900XT that I got for only $650; it was $800, but Amazon was running a $150 rebate for opening their credit card, so I made my deal with the devil and here we are. Roughly 2.5x the performance of my 1080 Ti at $100 less than I paid for it in 2017, despite 25% inflation since then. For me, the upgrade made sense to do at that price, and I couldn't be happier; probably gonna run this card the next 6-7 years.

And, shocker of shockers: absolutely no driver issues! Wow! :scream:

I finally retired my 1080Ti back in October for a Sapphire 7900XT that I got for only $650; it was $800, but Amazon was running a $150 rebate for opening their credit card, so I made my deal with the devil and here we are. Roughly 2.5x the performance of my 1080 Ti at $100 less than I paid for it in 2017, despite 25% inflation since then. For me, the upgrade made sense to do at that price, and I couldn't be happier; probably gonna run this card the next 6-7 years.

Did you sell the 1080ti? A used one is going for aground $180 currectly on Ebay. That $650 out pocket is sweet but can be even sweeter at $500 out of pocket. By selling old part you can mitigate the impact of inflation as well.
Enjoy! ;)

Same here. I stumbled across the 3080 12GB variant (comes close to the 3080Ti) on a Newegg flash sale in May 2022 for $800. Mind you, this was when prices were crazy high for GPUs and the "cheapest" 10GB variant was $1K. I sold my EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid on ebay for $350, so not bad at all.

Like your 7900XT, my 3080 offers at least twice the performance over the 1080Ti - which served me very well for 5 years. I think people forget that back in 2017, high-end cards were fetching $600-$700 bucks. I very pleased with this rig and don't think I'll be upgrading for quite a while.

Did you sell the 1080ti? A used one is going for aground $180 currectly on Ebay. That $650 out pocket is sweet but can be even sweeter at $500 out of pocket. By selling old part you can mitigate the impact of inflation as well.
Enjoy! ;)
Nope, I could actually sell my model for a little over $200 (it's the Gigabyte Aorus one) but I have a "guest computer" for when friends are over, which has a piddly little 1050 Ti in it. The 1080 Ti's going in there now, which will be plenty since that PC only has a 1080p monitor anyway. Plus, it makes a good emergency backup card just in case the Sapphire fries itself.

>Nvidia has already dropped the RTX 4070 to $500 - $550 over the last few months

Cries in English. Its like £570 if you're lucky ($715).

Back