Black Screen, cant go in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I recently got a problem which has cause me soo much trouble. let me tell you step by step so that you undrestand the issue at full.

1 week or so before the problem amerged when i turned my pc on it went to windows xp pro loading screen and it stayed there forever, my hd light was not flashing and my pc was not loading anything. i was confused so i restarted it and it worked. next day it dident happen, the next day it happend again, this happend at random. 2 days ago i started my pc it got stuck at xp loading screen so restarted it, dident help i unpluged my pc waited a little turned it on, after detecting IDE Drivers a black screen and nothing on it and my pc wasent loading anything.
Here is a list i have made of things i have done till now:

-Reset my bios
-Change my graphics card to the old one
-Used a diffrent SATA Cable
-Used a windows cd to boot
-Checked if everything is plugged
-Tested PSU
-Tested RAM

What i have achived so far is i took my pc to my buddys house and i plugged in my hard drive in his pc and it went into a black screen just like what happens on my pc. But i am not sure if its the HD it can be other parts too. I found a IDE old HD 7 GB and i was managed to start windows setup,but i dident manage to inistall windows because it required more space for inistallation but i want to make sure its the hard drive so i dont have to pay for one and still have the problem.

If you think i should just replace my HD or any other things i could do to make sure its my hd please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Well its urgent because im a animation student and my project is due this week, i have to finish it before friday. How can i run a Drive Diagnostics when im unable to go in windows. Can i run it with out going into windows and if i can please tell me how thank you for your reply.

The Harddrive Diagnostics test (linked above) is run from a boot CD that you create by downloading the test first.

You will need to do this from a working Windows computer

Once you create the "Boot" CD, put it into the faulty computer and start (or boot) the Diagnostic disc.

Good luck, also I must now sign off, but I'll check for replies later ;)

I made a bootable CD, booted my pc into the maxtor program. maxtor couldent find any maxtor products on my computer which means it cant find a hard drive on there. My mother board detects the hard drive but since maxtor dosent it means its damaged or broken. If im right i just need to replace my hard drive if im not right can someone point out what i should do. thanks

did u try safe mode ? what happens ???

you can also try to

Boot with the windows XP CD

At "Welcome to setup screen" Press R

Select the appropriate path for windows and press enter
If it asks you for the administrator password, type the administrator password and
press enter or just hit enter

We will now see the Prompt c:\windows> or c:\

type "chkdsk /r" and hit enter

Could be an error in the registry?

It could very well be an error in the registry but if that was the case it wouldn't let you load it up unless it was in safe mode. so more then likely its a HDD Issue! so i would do a diagnostics much like was recommended earlier! Either way just trying to toss some other ideas around that you could test! anyways good luck !!

Okay, this may sound silly, and you may have already tried this, but have you got any USB keys attached whilst trying to boot? My PC won't boot at all if I leave them in. (Gets to the POST and goes black and stays that way till I reset and remove the key).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back