Black screen, orange light - monitor

I'm gonna try to be as detailed as possible.

So I turned off my pc and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up turned it on, and somehow all my bookmarks from chrome was gone. So I opened Firefox, and my pc crashed. I restarted it. My monitor would show the asus logo and then go black. I restarted it again, it did the same thing but this time it showed a "Preparing automatic repair" message, before becoming black again.

I looked some stuff up and came to the conclusion that my OS is corrupt. This is when I went into my BIOS and checked some stuff. I noticed in the SSD Secure Erase tab that my SSD status was "frozen". Not being sure as to what that meant, I tried to do a clean windows install from a bootable usb drive. But it would just take me to a purple screen with a movable cursor on it.

I restarted my pc again, and now my monitor (Asus VC239H) had an orange light (it should be a white light). I looked up what the orange light meant and it said that my monitor isn't getting any signal from the CPU. I tried restarting a few more times but it did the same thing, it turns on, shows the asus logo, then says "No Signal/HDMI" and then shows an orange light when I press the power button on my CPU. I tested all my cables. Cleaned and reseated the GPU (Asus-GeForce GTX-1050ti) and RAMs (G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 2x8gb DDR4 2400). I removed my GPU and tried to turn the pc on using the built-in GPU. All the lights and fans seems to be working fine. But nothing worked.

Please help!!

Specs :

Windows 10 pro 64 bit
Core i7 - 6700k 4.0GHz
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming ATX LGA1151
Kingston UV400 240gb 2.5" SSD
Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
Asus GeForce GTX 1050ti
Corsair RMx 650W 80+ fully modular ATX PSU
Asus VC239H 23" 60Hz

OK Do you have access to another monitor? Make sure your cables are secure. If you have used the media creation tool to install a clean install of w 10 and your PC will not boot into windows, then IMHO you have a hardware problem. Why are you getting " No signal from HDMI?" Do you have another monitor you're using?
Sorry for all the questions. I'm not understanding why you got the message about no "signal from HDMI"
https://www.howtogeek.com/194319/the-htg-guide-to-adding-an-extra-monitor-to-your-laptop/

Last edited:
"conclusion that my OS is corrupt" - but WHY? Hardware? Software?
Easiest would be a failed update....
Check all cable connections anyway.

"purple screen with a movable cursor" - unable to proceed - severe error.
POST or not?

If POST, try getting into 'troubleshooting' with F8 key on startup...
- recovery
- advanced repair options
- troubleshoot
- advanced options
- system restore

Hopefully, restore returns to a bootable machine.

If not POST,

Back