Black screen problem for playing games ?

Hi,
I recently purchased a sony vaio VPCEB14EN laptop but when i run my games through my hard disk, it goes black and then nothing, it brings back to my desktop screen !! It happens with most of my games like DiRT 1, MotoGP 08, FUEL, Superstars V8 Racing, Race Driver: GRID etc. Here is my computer specifications :-

SONY VAIO E-SERIES (VPCEB14EN)

INTEL CORE i3-330 PROCESSOR (2.13 GHz)
3 GB DD3 MEMMORY
ATI MOBLITY RADEON HD 5470 (1740 MB)
WINDOWS 7 HOME BASIC (64-BIT)
DIRECTX- 11
SHADER MODEL - 5.0

and my hard disk has more than recommended space for playing games (around 170 gb free) and i think that the drivers would be well updated as i have recently purchased the laptop. i am a die hard gamer and im dying to play these games as i have recently installed them. please help me out.

!! PLEASE REPLY !!

i hv tried it twice with all the mentioned games but the same problem occurs !!! and i think my graphic drivers are up to date as ATI MOBILITY RADEON 5470 is not listed in the updates list on the ati website !! n my antivirus is windows essentials for windows 7 but i don't know how to disable it as i don't get option for it. but i think it is not the main cause !!

Hmn... seems like a real problem. Have Scanned your laptop for any possible virus that interrupts
the running of your games? It could be possible cause i had the same problem once too. But if your system is clean, then i believe i don't know the problem. We'd better ask from experts. :)

Back