Black Screen Windows won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading for two days and not seen this particular problem or a solution.

I have a Compaq Presario V3000 laptop that is about 3 years old. The keyboard keys were acting sluggish so I opened it up and removed the keyboard to clean it. I put it back together and now it will turn on, but the screen is black. I cannot start in safe mode or from my windows xp disk. I have tried f7, f9, and f11. Nothing. I have also reseated the memory cards. Any ideas?

Does it at least show the post or nothing when it turns on. If it shows nothing then u may need to reset the system management controller on the board. With some laptops at least the apples I worked with sometimes taking out the battery and holding down the power button for a few seconds cleared the system up to boot.

Black screen

Thanks for the reply. I have tried taking out the battery and draining the power to no avail. When I turn the computer on, I get led lights and can hear and feel the cpu and fan start, but there is nothing at all on the screen.

Well it might have been that you loosened a wire leading to the display or knocked something loose sound like it might need to go in for repair. I am guessing the warranty is expired or no long valid. Does it have a vga or dvi connection on the outside and if so have you tried to connect another monitor to the system. Sometimes it is set to mirror the display when you connect something to those ports. My room mate has an old laptop with a dead display and we ended up connecting a secondary monitor to the system to see windows. Not really portable anymore but hey at least we can use it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back