Blue screen boot up and I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEENone

My girlfriends family computer boots to a blue screen with nothing on it. An internet browser pops up to some random movie site. I tried getting into safe mode and then gives me that "We apologize for the inconvenience..." message each time, even if I try the other Safe mode options.

I put Norton on this computer about 6 months ago, it was a lifetime subscription. It seemed it disappeared. I have no clue where it could have gone or who done what. It's not my computer. When the screen boots up, it shows all these messages saying that the program could not boot to help protect it. I am able to get to the task manager where I was able to locate the Norton files I put on here. I tried reinstalling the program to see if I can use it. Nothing happen it told me it was interrupted during the process.

Well there is also a Norton Antivirus that came with the Windows xp cd. The browser has a button to go to it and I did, but LiveUpdate won't work either. It says that newer viruses will not be deleted only old ones. I am able to run the AntiVirus scan and at this moment it is running.

I also got a NTFS.SYS error message, but only got it once when her dad asked me to look at the computer. The desktop had the "background" saying that the computer was at risk and about a minute or two it restarted and that’s when all the stuff above came in.

Any link to similar problems or solutions will help!
Thank you!

With the symptoms you relate it sounds like that PC is significantly infected. Certain trojans/viruses are specifically designed to disable internet security and it seems this is what has happened to you.

I strongly suggest you visit the Virus and Malware removal forum here at TechSpot, read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky, follow it step by step -- DON'T skip any of the steps, and then post the three required logs on that forum.

* By the way, there are better solutions than Norton.

With the symptoms you relate it sounds like that PC is significantly infected. Certain trojans/viruses are specifically designed to disable internet security and it seems this is what has happened to you.

I strongly suggest you visit the Virus and Malware removal forum here at TechSpot, read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky, follow it step by step -- DON'T skip any of the steps, and then post the three required logs on that forum.

* By the way, there are better solutions than Norton.

I know there's things better than Norton, but I get it free and able to put it on as many computers as I want. Thanks for the advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back