Blue screen, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze919

So i got this blue screen popping up when i try to start my CPU i tried starting it up in safe mode but the blue screen just pops up again.

i didn't change anything on my pc recently or in a while actually my norton 360 detected some crap that needed to be removed but it required a restart of my pc for it to be removed by norton.

So i restarted the pc nd left the chair, as soon as i got back i see this blue screen with the technical support message...

0x0000007e(0x0000005, 0x806991c7,0xf8a02534,0xf8a02230)

I don't know what this means, but i have certain files on my pc that i cannot lose im mostly worried about losing those files.

Please if anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it.

Im using a windows xp home edition sp2

The first best advice we can give you is to go to our Virus and Malware removal forum and read the" UPDATED 8 Step" sticky. We have found that often people who are infected and clean with their security software are often still infected.

Read the sticky carefully, follow ALL the steps -- don't skip any. Then when you are finished post on that forum with the three required logs attached. Someone whhould be able to help you.

The first best advice we can give you is to go to our Virus and Malware removal forum and read the" UPDATED 8 Step" sticky. We have found that often people who are infected and clean with their security software are often still infected.

Read the sticky carefully, follow ALL the steps -- don't skip any. Then when you are finished post on that forum with the three required logs attached. Someone whhould be able to help you.

yes but i can't actually log into my pc the blue screen pops up right after u see Windows Xp nd thats it i can't do anything else...

You'll probably have some other godd advice coming your way but one other thing I can suggest is if you have a friend with some technicle savvy you could remove your harddrive and "slave"" it into his system. Then through his machine you;ll be able to access your harddrive and do further scans, diagnostics, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back