Blue Screen of Death flashes when my PC reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram16

Can you please help me out in solving my problem.

I have a HP laptop with Windows Vista Home premium. I usually watch lot of movies on my PC. I have installed some unwanted plug-in to watch a movie, then the problems started for me with my PC. As I had problems with my PC getting slow and getting struck up when I open any files and I can't delete any file folders. So I did system Restore to factory default condition. When my PC automatically rebooted after system restore, a blue screen with information on it shows up. The problem is it flashes only once for a millisecond and then my pc reboots by itself and this repeats again and again. So to shut down and I need to press the shut down button for some time. I cant see what it is trying to tell me! I'm just too darn slow to cacth that blue screen. But it seems there is some virus message in that Blue screen.
Even more frustrating is that this happenes randomly.

I really appreciate any one's reply.

Thanks,
Ram.

I have installed some unwanted plug-in to watch a movie

And the unwanted plug-in was?

blue screen with information on it shows up.]

Use the event Viewer to find the Error that corresponds to the BSOD

Launching the Vista Event Viewer: Click on images to enlarge:
eve2.jpg

Right-click on the Views node and select Create View and this opens a properties sheet> Check Errors only.

Choose Administrative Events (this image shows 'Disc')
event_viewer_sm.jpg

Choose Application and Services logs:
applications_services_logs.jpg

Double click to show Event Properties> Details> Check 'Friendly View'
image013a1142935327546.JPG

Copy to show Source, Event # and Description:

Paste with your next post (Ctrl V)

EDIT: I would also like to know how much RAM is installed.

I appreciate for the reply,

I don't remember what is the add-on or plug-in which I installed before launching the system restore to factory default condition. I am unable to login to the windows. When I start the system, directly it displays the blue screen for a second and then restarts and then displays blue screen with a virus message some thing abt hard drive corruption for a second and then restarts. This cycle is repeats. To shut down my laptop, I need to press the shut down button for some time. RAM is 3GB. Please advise.

Thanks,

Have you tried getting into Safe Mode? You do that by rebooting, then right after the logo loads, BEFORE Windows loads, begin and continue tapping the F8 key. This will bring up Safe Mode. We need to try and get some information or you will be forced into doing a repair/reinstall. (which may be the final decision anyway)

I really appreciate for all the replies.

I have solved my problem. When I did system restore from the hard drive, I had above mentioned problems. But after that I did system restore from the CD's, it worked fine.

Thank you very much.

But after that I did system restore from the CD's, it worked fine.

System Restore doesn't require the CD so you must have done a repair/install.

Might be a good idea to check the system for malware. If you would like to do that:
Follow the Steps HERE

When finished, attach the 3 logs and they will be reviewed.

I used the Recovery disc DVD's which I prepared using the "Recovery disc creation" option from the start menu when I bought my laptop. Earlier when I tried using system recovery from hard drive, It didn't work ( I used to get a blue screen after the system starts).

I ll follow the steps given by you to check the system for malware.

I appreciate your replies.

Thank you very much,
Ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back