Blue Screen of Death on new system

Hi guys.

I upgraded my pc seen that for some odd reason it was running slow in games, even after formating. I bought a new Asus m4a87td evo mobo, 6 core amd T1100 and a cosair 4 gig module. The system seemed to run fine but at random times if gives me the Wonderful blue screen. First it was random and today when i copied stuff from my external it happend again. This happend every time. as soon as i plug in my USB 3 device the pc freaks out.

Im freaking out because i spend so much money and now its running unstable.

I need help urgently.

Can you please upload latest 5 minidumps?

You can find them in C:\windows\minidump. Just zip them into a single file and attach that file with your next post.

Additionally did you checked that your Corsair RAM (specifically the model you have) is on QVL list of this Asus board?

My power supply is a 600w Coolermaster with a max output of 650w. I had two 4890's running on it since 2009, just recently that things started to go wrong and i removed the second on.

Ill get the minidump files tomorrow and upload it immediatly. I checked the book i got with the mobo and they had similar ram to the one i have but theirs only showed the two gig. Ill try to check for the serial code in the net seen that im not home.

I had a look and this is the ram piece i put in if it helps. This didnt show on the list of the board but the guy at the computer shop said he recommends this

CMV4GX3M1A1333C9

Check what is the timings and voltage settings of your RAM in the BIOS.

You need to ensure that your RAM's timings in BIOS are 9-9-9-24 and Voltage is set as 1.5V.

Hi, here is the last 5 mini dumps. I checked the timing on the ram and they 9 9 9 24.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    113.5 KB · Views: 1
I have gone through the dumps provided by you, and two clearly stated memory corruption as issue, and others were just random (also citing memory pool corruption) OS processes.

I suggest you to do two things:

1) As you've checked that timings are what they should be i.e. 9-9-9-24, however, what is the voltage settings? Are they set as 1.5V ?

2) Please download memtest, and run it on the memory modules individually (i.e. one by one); please run the test for at least 10-12 passes on each RAM module.

I checked the voltage and it was set to Auto. I just changed it to 1.5volts. Ill run the mem test tomorrow after work. What the odds of having a new ram module to be faulty. I bought it 3weeks ago? Thanks alot for all your trouble and i appreciate it alot.

Good work, if the timings/Voltage remains as per RAM's specs, may be your issue get resolved. Lets wait and hope for it :)

"New" doesn't mean it will be trouble free/ or may not have issues. In fact, in my experience, most of the issues arise out of new hardware additions (generally if someone buys something without factoring in compatibility with existing setup / or compromise on quality).

Therefore, I'd advise you to run memtest as suggested in my previous post; and you are most welcome.

Back