Blue Screen of Death, Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

My mom's computer was hit with a blue screen today twice:

Gateway Computer
Vista 64
1 month old:
Here are the problem report files, there are three of them zipped up from the problem report, I do not know how to read these or what they mean, can anyone help suggest something? My mom is 67 years old and is very frustrated.

Thank you in advance

The error is 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and MS defines it as indicating that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Cause
This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

The cause of the crashes as per your minidump is the driver netr28ux.sys and as of three weeks ago there was very, very little on it. However, since then a little more has been written and it is a Vista 64 issue and this driver. . Here is what I wrote in response to someone 3 weeks ago: Bottom line is that It is a legitimate driver for a LAN or network wireless card.

* I strongly suggest going to Gateway's website and update the latest LAN/Wireless LAN drivers for your mom's PC.

* As an aside, I highly recommend at least another gig of RAM because Vista loves RAM and since this is the 64 bit OS doubly so.

Keep us up-to-date.

The error is 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and MS defines it as indicating that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Cause
This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

The cause of the crashes as per your minidump is the driver netr28ux.sys and as of three weeks ago there was very, very little on it. However, since then a little more has been written and it is a Vista 64 issue and this driver. . Here is what I wrote in response to someone 3 weeks ago: Bottom line is that It is a legitimate driver for a LAN or network wireless card.

* I strongly suggest going to Gateway's website and update the latest LAN/Wireless LAN drivers for your mom's PC.

* As an aside, I highly recommend at least another gig of RAM because Vista loves RAM and since this is the 64 bit OS doubly so.

Keep us up-to-date.

On this I'm definitely right with you as vista normally needs a minimum of 2GB for running well. But as for me I use Vista with only 1GB of RAM and it works fine due I tweak and optimize it.

Here is the link Tweakhound.com

Hope this will help you in case you can't afford to buy a Ram stick immediately.

Still No Luck

I went to gateway, there are no updates that I do not already have and they do not offer any wireless for this computer: Gateway Model: GT5692 64 bit

I also am using a Blekin usb adapter, I tried to use a new D-Linl DW-130 adapter and went to d-links site to get the vista driver but they only have drivers for 32 bit which did not work at all, will not install and keeps saying it cannot find the drivers.

Windows website also says our computer is up to date so I do not know what to do about the clue screen and I am worried cause we will be leaving soon (my wife and I) and I am afraid that it will keep happening to my mom while we are gone for a few months. This is sad also cause we bought her this computer to replace her 5 year old one and she is getting so sad with it also.

Also we have around 4 GB of memory and still have problems

If you can, uninstall those drivers for 64 and reinstall. Also, if this PC is still under warrenty I would contact Gateway's tech support pronto and tell them of your issue. if you have any more minidumps please attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back