Blue Screen sysaudio.sys problem

Byron2112

Hi everybody, I am new here and I need some help. My PC (Windows XP) gives me sometimes a blue screen which says:
'sysaudio.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP:0x00000050 ........(some other numbers)
sysaudio.sys- Adress EF68571E base at ..... DateStamp ..... and many other strange symbols'

Does anybody knows something about this one? Is it something serious?

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

minidump 5 recent files

First, thank you for the help.

I send you the 5 more recent minidumps in one zip file.

Attachments

• 5 more recent minidumps.zip
    141.4 KB · Views: 22
Is your sound integrated (onboard chipset that came with your motherboard) or do you have a dedicated soundcard such as HT Omega's Clario, Asus Xonar, or M-Audio?

Tell us about your sound system and what OS you are running. Besides Cubase5, what other software are you running?

Also, what are you dooing when the BSODs occur?

My soundcard is the M-Audio Profire 2626 FireWire.
I have Windows XP Home edition version 2002 service pack 3
My PC has Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q 9650 3.00 GHz, 3,25 GB RAM.

I work in Cubase 5.1. When you say software do you want me to tell you my music software vst instruments etc? Because there are many. I also have a midi keybord (USB connected) it s an old one(evolution MK-361).

When the blue screen occurs i have to shut down the PC manually from my tower button (sorry i dont know the term for this shut down) because the PC doesn t restarts.

For clarification, what are you doing when the BSODs occur?

And no there is no need to give us the rest of your software. Once you let us know what you are doing with your PC when the system crash will allow us to move from there.

I just close the PC from the Power button and then i open the pc again. Then it works normally and it doesnt shows me any error message or some problem report from microsoft.

Okay, your dumps all cite the Windows OS driver sysaudio.sys as the cause of your system crashes. Unfortunantly OS drivers are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. They more point out that there is a problem rather than defining what the problem is.

sysaudio.sys is a Windows filter driver having to do with sound. My best diagnosis at this point is that drivers for either your music software or your M-Audio hardware are conflicting with sysaudio.sys.

If you can update. Knowing M-Audio as I do they are notorious for being behind in providing driver updates.

Ok thank you I' ll take a look at it. Is there any possibility that one specific plugin-software programm(or even my antivirus) is responsible for this conflict? And if that is possible, when I unistall this software the problem wii be fixed?

Yes, there is the possibility that a plu-in could cause the issues but at this point we don't have enough info to go on.

What security software are you running?

I use Norton Antivirus but in a few days my subscription will expire. I' m thinking not to renew it, but to use some free antivirus like Avast.What do you think about that? Do you have any suggestions?

Avast is an excellent free Antivirus: I run it on three systems though I may upgrade to the $ for one of them. Malwarebytes and Superantispyware are great products for malware/spyware.

keep this mind about Norton: It is notorious for leaving remnants of itself behind. So much so that Symantec had to make a special removal tool for every version to make sure a system is clean. I worked with one poster who was having issues and came to find out it was a Norton driver -- that she had uninstalled 6 years ago! I kid you not.

So, uninstall then go to their website, find the Remoaval Tool for your version and use it.

Oh I see thanks for the information. If I use Avast do I need to use Malwarebytes or Superantispyware too, or the Avast works well for every threat?

Oh I see thanks for the information. If I use Avast do I need to use Malwarebytes or Superantispyware too, or the Avast works well for every threat?

The rule is: One antivirus, one antispyware, one firewall OR one security suit.

Chose either Malwarebytes or Superantispyware; as good as Avast is, like all good antiviruses, no one is perfect. I have the paid version of SAS on my main rig and love it and I run the free version on my second PC though the free must be manually updated daily.

These guys are on top of the game daily, even hourly. By the way, what firewall are you using?

I have the Windows Firewall(is this ok?). Is there anyway that the free version of SAS will be every day automatically updated because if i' ii forget it for some reason this could be dangerous. (the free Avast updates daily manually, or automatically?)

Back