Blue screen under heavy load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I just finished my computer 2 months ago, and recently i have been getting a blue screen everything i try to play a game or my computer is underheavy load. I checked the overheating after the crash and the temps where fine.

I tried swapping out my memory 1 at a time and the system still crashes regardless of which one is in the system.

I havent downloaded any new drivers or changed anything with the system.

This is the error message i get.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 0043005f, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80502392.

System: Microsoft Windows XP Home edition version 2002 Service pack 2

Computer AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core processor 6000+ 3.01ghz , 1.00GB of RAM(I actually have 2 but one is not installed)

500 gb Seagate HD

8600 GT for now.

Any kind of insight on the problem will help. If anyone needs more info dont be shy.

What is the quality of your memory modules? Value Ram can be a pain.
The big question is your power supply, methinks.

Yea my ram is my primary concern, since the fact that it is 667mhz value ram i should try maybe higher quality 800mhz ram. My motherboard is a m2n Sli deluxe nf590.

You say powersupply, and you are not the first person to mention that to me. My friend told me that OCZ powersupply's have 12v rail problems that cause system instability. The powersupply is a 700W OCZ

Is that possible?

Some OCZ powersupplies are terrific. Others are terrible. OCZ is primarily a marketing company but most of their stuff is good so far. I have never had any notice of problems with the 700 watt model.

But Value Ram is quite frequently a problem for high powered systems... even though it is just fine for normal computer work... email, Microsoft office, and such.

Thanks alot for your help. I hope that is the issue. I mean the ram worked fine when i first had the computer. It can actually get worse over time?

So im thinking that i should go with some high quality ram and see how that works out.

If the highquality ram does not work. What should be my next course of action?

Is it possible to borrow some from a friend, to test first? After all, we are only guessing until you test. And if it worked before...

Im gonna see if i can borrow some memory... So if it is not the memory, could it possibly be the mother board or cpu that is causing a blue screen. Is that even a possibility?

Anything is possible with pc's. You might try going into your Bios and adding a little Vdimm (voltage to ram). Just add the smallest increment possible for now and see if that helps those value ram sticks.

Is there anyway i can see if the voltage is a problem with the powersupply or ram?

I just checked the powersupply voltage, and it seem that the 3.3 and 5v are actually lower then they are supposed to be. Could that possibly be what is causing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back